Saturday, August 1, 2009

NE braska

It's not what many would call a vacation...as far as excitement and luxury go. Every year we go to Nebraska for the summer. Several reasons for this are...family, friends, green grass and clean air, sweet corn, thunderstorms, relaxation, free meals, and fireworks (real ones, not the sissy sparkler crap).
We packed into my mom's car..not comfortable for the 19 hour drive. It always starts off great, but we all have slight tics by the end. My best friend is my ipod. Not only does it help me drive all night, but keeps me sane. The drive home was rough...ask us about our wild mustang sometime.
We came home with great memories....rocketman, private tours in a hospital, learning the lesson that leaving the men in charge does NOT mean the children are safe, Dora the Explorer being a *(!!!#@!, beach balls in a doctor's lounge, facebook quizzes, moaning Myrtle, ethnic festival, realizing why artillery shells are meant to explode in the air, soccer games, trackball, doing princess hair, Ryan Reynolds :), and seeing friends some of which has been over 10 years....just to name a few.


We stopped in Castle Rock, CO to see the Berglund's.

This is an aerial view of Grand Island, NE. I had to climb 1,123 stairs on the ladder from the water tower to get these shots. JK..it's from the tallest building in the city.
Yes, I did grow up this sheltered.

A taste of our Downtown.




Fun with the Cuzn's...
SLIP N SLIDE






HOT PANTS

'My life sucks.'

Great-Grandma Etta
Notice, Brynna is taller.
Grandma and the Crew.







Rainbow Boy.

Mom's Posse.
Feelin' the Love.
Don't Inhale Yellow Smoke


Experiments.

Notice how he is aiming up.
Sweetest Friend in the whole wide world.

Employees Reunite.

1 comment:

Jess said...

How fun! But I can't believe that you drove 19 hours to get there! I love the slip N slide pictures! SO cute!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive