Saturday, August 1, 2009

ASBA Conference...Work and Play

I went to Flagstaff for a conference presented by the Arizona School Board Association. Being on the governing board, I am able to attend trainings, which are beneficial and rewarding. I come home with a better perspective, one that often changes my one-sided thinking. Being with other school board's from AZ, we are able to share ideas and work together on how to improve our districts. Jason and the kids came on Fri. to spend the rest of the time with me. We were able to do a few activities together, one being the Lowell Observatory. I wasn't especially excited to go, but was glad I went. Jason was the one having to drag me out....I found it fascinating. AND....you can't beat cool weather and the smell of pines on a 115 degree day in Phoenix.

Board Prez..Chrissy Pritchard, Yours Truly, April Allen,
and Superintendent Dr. Gail Pletnick
'SQUIRREL!'





Nathan was able to help move the 6-7 ton telescope.

113 year old make-shift telescope...made from frying pans, bicycle chains, airplane parts, etc.;
I can't get my hair dryers to last a year.

Percival Lowell's Mausoleum

Proof mausoleum's are creepy. This spider was ginormous. If you click on the picture, you can see it's hair and lunch.

Percival discovered the planet Pluto from here....although now it's not a planet...go figure.

.....'SQUIRREL!'.

1 comment:

Dandi said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get out of the heat. It sound like you had a great time.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive