Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Results....and A HUGE Thank You


Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who supported me. I was literally in shock of the number of votes I recieved and I know much credit belongs to you, my friends, who did all you could to spread the word. I am excited and nervous for this new journey. I already know that there is and will continually be opposition against me. I have been accused of various things so far....one of which is that Dr. Kellis used his church authority to have me run so I could further his career. If anyone has a question if I do whatever a church leader tells me like a mindless robot, you can talk to Bishop Klippel, I'm sure he has some choice words to say about me. Another favorite is that I 'brainwashed' people into voting for me. I can't even get my kids to put their shoes away or keep their rooms clean. Trust me, if I had the ability to brainwash, it wouldn't be used to get on the school board.


I know there will be times that decisions will be made leaving some with unanswered questions. I hope you all know that the student's best interests are at the top of my priority. Much thought and prayer will always go into my decisions, as they do in all aspects of my life. I do not take this responsibility lightly and will work hard and be an advocate for your kids. I strongly urge you to become involved. It is so important that the administration and school board hear your voice while making decsions that affect your children. It is my hope that the Dysart School District will start earning the respect it deserves and become a district where people are proud to be a part of.

17 comments:

Joey and Megan said...

You are going to be awesome. I promise not to tell anyone in the district about how you brainwashed me or any of your other dirty secrets.

Just kidding!

Jaime & Christian said...

Congrats Jen!

Colemans said...

HOORAY! Next step, Mayor Tanner of El Mirage! All of those false accusations crack me up. Who thinks of stuff like that? 14,000+ votes is amazing! That is more than the total number of people who voted for President in our whole county!

Stephanie said...

I am super proud of you! I am also proud of my hubby who had fun spreading your and April's info every where he could. It was fun to help out. I don't think we are going to recover all of your signs. I think a lot have been snagged by members of the community as souvenirs, your just so cool. I have been collecting them myself every time I see one.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Did I expect anything else???? (that is you winning)

What do you say....2016??? Pres??? That gives you some time to prepare. :)

Tonya

Cami said...

Yeah Jen! I have been wondering if you won. You were up against a lot of candidates. You will do awesome! I am shocked by the allegations against you. I'm sure as you start your journey, all of the speculation will subside...they will find out how honest and dedicated you are!

Good Luck!!!

Blog Example said...

Awesome job! Total congrats jen...we are both so proud of you! You will be great...be confident in yourself that is the key.

Adam and Anya said...

Amazing things are in the future for the school district!

Congrats and speak up when you need support!!

Mason clan 5 said...

I think the students are lucky to have you on their side. So are the parents! Great job!

Dandi said...

First the school board, next the world...aaahhhh ha ha ha ha! (evil laugh) Congrats Jen!

Brooke said...

You are going to do such a fabulous job....as you do in any situation or job you are over. We are so lucky that you are sacrificing your time and efforts to do this!!

Anonymous said...

Dangit Jen I told you not to brainwash me before I voted for you. You are going to be awesome. Go Jen

Carca said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! You will be a HUGE asset to our community!

Nicole said...

you are still going to be our R.S. President right!?

Jordanian6 said...

Just wanted to say congratulations! You are a cool gal!

Jess said...

I knew would win!!! Congrats!

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! How was your celebratory breakfast?

*

..

Map

Blog Archive