Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Unfortunately, it was a hard Thanksgiving. The kids and I went to my mom's on Wednesday night to start the preparations for our feast. While there, Brynna was headed outside and my mom's dog, Izzy, bolted through the door. We all took off in different directions to find her; and not 5 minutes later, we found her in the road. She had been hit by a car. My poor mother was heartbroken, my daughter was traumatized with guilt. It was not a good evening.
Today, it was a bit easier, but still left a gloomy cloud to say the least. Now all we can do is let time work it's healing magic.
It wasn't all doom and gloom. We had a fabulous dinner, our Thanksgiving day at the movies, and the great pleasure to be together as a family. We have much to be thankful for, but it probably won't go down in the books as one of the better memories.
One of my favorite thanksgiving memories was a prank pulled on the wife of my boss in California. She was extremely nervous about cooking her turkey. If you haven't ever noticed, Butterball turkeys have a 1-800 help line. We just reversed the roles and had the husband of a co-worker pose as a Butterball associate to call and 'walk her through the process' for over an hour. Poor girl poured out her heart and soul, only to be ridiculed more so than if she would have just messed up her turkey. Future reference, don't buy any other turkey than Norbest...they actually ARE the best.
There will always be good days along with the hard ones. My joy is from the experiences of life. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn from them and to share them with those I love.

7 comments:

Mason clan 5 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your moms dog. That is sad. Glad that your Thanksgiving was ok.

Joey and Megan said...

Oh no! That just stinks. I will tell you about my Thanksgiving woes later.

Cami said...

What a heart break for your mom to lose her dog. So sorry! :(

Anonymous said...

Poor Brynna! I hope she is okay. I hope your family had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry this year was sad for your family.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I'm sure Brynna is traumatized. :) She has such a sweet and innocent personality! Good luck helping her cope with this one! J/K She'll be fine.

By the way....you should be proud of me because all my Christmas shopping is done and Christmas decorations are up. Amazing what you can do when you don't have anything else to do but shop and decorate. Too bad money doesn't grow on trees. :)

Brooke said...

Oh that poor dog! And poor Brynna! I hope she doesn't feel bad for too long, that's hard!

I'm glad you had fun with your family and a yummy meal :o)

Carca said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom's dog,poor Brynna... I am glad you could all be together!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive