Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Almost Time....

If you haven't seen the signs yet, that means someone's taking them down! We spent over 3 hours getting 20 signs up. For those who've helped get the other 80 up, words cannot express how thankful I am for your efforts. I have definitely felt tremendous support and it's an honor knowing there are amazing people in my corner rooting me on. I even had a little girl whom I'd never met, come up to me in conference and said, "If I were old enough, I would vote for you. I really, really hope you win." It was humbling looking back into her eyes knowing SHE is the reason I'm doing this.

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd ever be on the same ballot as the future president of the United States. Even though I know it's just this small little circle in El Mirage and Surprise, Arizona; it feels like a huge accomplishment. I have learned so much in this small amount of time and it just leaves me wanting and desiring to learn and do more in the community. I have a greater appreciation for anyone with a desire to run in a political race. There is much more entailed than I ever knew. I feel so blessed as an American. I am grateful to have choices and the right to exercise those choices. Whatever the outcomes are on Tuesday, I will acknowledge and support those who have been appointed by the people.

So if you haven't voted, get out there on Tuesday and if nothing else....vote YES on Prop. 102 and VOTE TANNER!!!


(Paid for by the Candidate)

19 comments:

Richard Alger said...

I left my "Reasons to Vote for Jen Tanner" along with the Yes on 102 door hangers as I walked my neighborhood. I reminded me a bit of when I worked for Dominos Pizza and left door hangers. It was a little warm, but it was addicting.

I loved it more, the more I did. I kept thinking, maybe this person will vote. And I might just persuade them to vote for Auntie Gym, April and 102.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Joey and Megan said...

I guess you can't keep your ballot as a souvenir, huh? A sample one will have to do.

And by the way, you're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog gonnit people like you. (Now the campaign slogan finally comes to me :)

Cami said...

Good luck Jen...You are amazing! And just so you know, you would have my vote.

Lori said...

I have seen your signs, and they look GREAT! GOOD LUCK! Me, and Jace left your little fliers in our neighborhood too! He loved putting them on doors. Child leighbor is great!

Tiffani Mills said...

Good luck tomorrow- of course we will be voting for you (if you are on my ballot?!) I think you are if it is Surprise and El Mirage.

Adam and Anya said...

TOTALLY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

Stevenson's said...

YES! Jen for President.. or whatever. But your great and I think you have a lot of votes. I love seeing your signs every 1/2 block too!:p Good luck

Blog Example said...

Wish my vote counted...but regardless...you've got my vote and I am cheerin you on! Got get 'em jen!!

Colemans said...

I can't wait to hear how things turn out! Before you know it, some old guy might appoint you to be his VP. Or rather, you can appoint some old guy to be your VP. Jen for Pres!

Dandi said...

Good luck Jen. Bytheway, I heard you are really sick. I hope you feel better! I didn't help put up your signs but I did talk to steph on her cell phone while she and rich were putting them up. Does that count?? Good luck again!

Brooke said...

Just wanted to tell you CONGRATS! I just saw the results, I am so excited that you are in! You have worked so hard and I appreciate what you are doing for our children and community! THANK YOU!

Carca said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Jess said...

Yipee! Congrats!!!

musikmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
musikmama said...

Yeah!! I just read the comments. Way to go!!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Congratulations! and I thought your posters were designed very well! You are one FABULOUS lady!

Shannon said...

Congrats!!!! I made sure to Vote for you and tell everyone I knew to as well!!! :o)

Tiffani Mills said...

Was just wondering if you made it- so I came to see and YES you did! Congratulations!

Shel said...

Ditto to all the above! Congrats to one deserving chica! This is a great thing!!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive