Monday, February 14, 2011

Why Jen?



Why Jen?  Jen has often asked me why she was so lucky to have me as a husband.  There are so many reasons why Jen is the perfect wife for me.  Many of you may know that Jen and I met on my mission in Nebraska.  I was one of the missionaries that taught her about the church.  She was a golden investigator.  She absorbed everything we taught and she was baptized in two weeks.  Jen was so innocent and pure with the gospel.  She was so willing to do and obey the commandments.  It was a joy to teach her.
Soon after she was baptized I was transferred out of the area.  She was always upon my mind wondering how she was doing in the gospel.  I knew that she was alone and she only had her friend that helped her in the gospel as a support.  What I didn’t know until we started dating was that she did not have much of support from the ward but she still fulfilled her calling as a primary teacher.  Her actions spoke loud to me of the commitment and her testimony.  I knew of others in similar situations that gave up because of similar circumstances.
 Jen being alone in her first year as a member and striving to do the best she could and not giving up on the gospel spoke volumes to me.  Her actions had a great impact upon me because of a lesson I learned about companionships from my mission.  I had over twenty companions on my mission.  Just to let you know, that is a lot of companions for 24 months.  All my companions were new missionaries or junior companions except for my trainer in the first two months of my mission.  Most of the time, I was leading the companionship, making the decisions or pulling the load of the work.  I was so sick of it by the end of the mission I knew that I needed to marry a woman that would help me pull the load and work with me side-by-side.  I needed that person to be able to help me and I would help her to reach our eternal goal.
Jen blew me away with her determination and strength when times were tough for her.  I knew that her heart was in the gospel and she would put the gospel first in her life.  Her actions demonstrated that she had one of the many traits I needed for a great marriage.  Most guys growing up would talk how important it was to marry someone beautiful or “hot”.  I knew early in life that the beauty within someone will improve their appearance overall.  I did not expect to marry a physically attractive woman.  I looked for the spiritual beauty first.  I didn’t think that I would get both. 
I wanted to express to my wife that I have been blessed with the most beautiful, sexy and spiritually driven woman that I could have asked for.  Thank you for making so many good decisions and allowing me to be in your life.  Why Jen?  Why me?!  Why did you choose me and allow me to be blessed with you?  I love you and I hope that we will continue to overcome challenges and strengthen this great marriage.

Love,
Jason

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww... Jason that was so beautiful. You are a good man! I am grateful that my kids have had you both as examples in their lives. You are both hard workers and put your all in to what ever you are striving for. Happy Valentine's Day!

Dandi said...

That was really sweet. I'm happy for you both to have such great marriage.

Lori said...

Bleck...Just Kidding! Happy Valentines Day to two people who's genuine love is know to those all around them, every day of the year!

Joey and Megan said...

Wow . . . how are you going to repay that for Valentine's Day, Jen? (Nevermind, I don't want to know).
Jason--you're awesome :) But did you photoshop Brynna's face onto that picture, because I swear it looks just like her?!

Adam and Anya said...

Jen, did write this? LOL...jk jk

Looks like that Relief Society relationship meeting did the two of you some good.

Really though, it's so awesome to hear that there are great husbands taking care of their sweethearts! Keep up the good work Jason...Jen is such a treasure.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive