Monday, February 21, 2011

We Came, We Saw, We Froze



Presidents' Day: A holiday known for a prime day to buy a new mattress, car, and/or furniture because of OUTRAGEOUS sales (said in my best obnoxious commercial voice).  Our Presidents must feel completely honored to be given such high regard on their special day.  When I woke up I thought to myself what a better way to remember our past presidents...spending money I don't have.  Therefore, we decided we'd go the old fashioned route of spending some quality time together as a fam. (*gasp*) 

Since we had rain drops the past couple days, we knew Flagstaff would be white and have some good snow for sledding.   With kids in tow and the lack of time in the day, we didn't go for what Jason and I like as 'extreme' sledding, so we went the cheap, plastic, round disc, sissy way.  'Twas fun, minus that we have zero good snow gear, had frozen hands and feet, and Nathan had to ride home in his undies because he was soaked.  Added bonus, I was the only one taken out by a sledder.  Chopped off on the legs, flipped on my back, complete take-down.  Obama would've been proud.



Scenery of how amazingly beautiful it was.
 Even more stunning scenery.



My love and I.


She didn't get too fast being the brakes were on the ENTIRE time.






We love holidays!!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Ammanda said...

Great pictures!!! So are you the "Scenery of how amazingly beautiful it was"? Or the "Even more stunning scenery"? Or both? Both captions are by your picture, so I just thought I'd ask?.... :)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive