Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Going to Give Birth!!!


Yes, please start sending me gifts, making me meals, and ooh and ahh all over me because I'm going to need it. I'm so excited for this new phase in my life. One that the body starts going down the tubes due to my lack of properly taking care of it. No more invincibility, no more diet Cokes, diet Dr. Peppers. Why? Kidney Stones. I'm going to be a mother of a rock.

I've often heard it's quite a lot like childbirth and I'm beginning to see why. I'm continually in the doctor's office, I'm peeing in cups all the time, and begging for it to be over. Yes, Lori, for once I'm going to be copying one of your posts because I remember you giving us T.M.I. over your kidney stone...and although I had empathy for you, I did not completely gush all over you, I only hoped I'd never have to go through the same thing.

T.M.I. time: I've had symptoms of a urinary tract infection for months. Everytime I went to the doctor to test if I had one, it always came back negative. I kept going back as symptoms kept getting worse. I believe my doctor started to think I was a hypochondriac. Yet, alas, a few weeks ago, FINALLY a positive result... I had Ecoli and another infection...bring on the antibiotics. After 2 weeks of Cipro...nothing, in fact worse. I had such a horrible night one night, I had a friend hook me up with Percoset. Trust me, for me, this is worse case scenerio...I hate, HATE pain killers. I get so nauscious, talk gibberish, and wake up gasping for air in my sleep since I'm so relaxed, I forget to breathe.

I've heard horror stories of Urologists, but by this point, they couldn't make me feel any worse than I had already been feeling. So long story short, after interesting appts. and several CT scans....kidney stones. Lots. Common reason for kidney stones: dehydration. I have now consumed more water in the last month than I have for the past 2 years.

Doctor has informed me that if I don't pass this ginormous kidney stone by the end of next week, surgery will be the next step. It would be invasive and they would have to leave a stent in for a couple weeks. I'm doing everything I can to not let that happen. I've never had anethseia, nor do I want to. That scares me more than the surgery.

My point is, drink plenty of water and if anyone would like to throw me a shower or something, I'm game. Not sure what kind of stone I'm having yet, but a unisex gift is fine. What the little fellow/fella could look like:





Cute, aren't they?


16 comments:

Cami said...

I hate to laugh, but this post cracks me up! The pictures at the end are too funny. On a serious note...
I'm sorry you have been in so much pain. I've heard how miserable kidney stones are. I hope it all ends very soon for you Jen, without surgery.

my mudda' calls me jack said...

I think that is the most horrid thing I have ever seen in my entire life. holy crap... or i guess not. holy stone.
wow, we should definitely take you out for lunch or something... seriously.

Jess said...

Oh man Kidney stones are the worst!! Matthew gets them and they are terrible! I'm sorry, and hope you get that thing out of you!!!

Joey and Megan said...

Let's take this all the way and have a name contest and a contest to see who can guess the date of the birth.

P.S. Maybe it will be a valuable stone, like a diamond. You never know.

Tiffani Mills said...

Oh Jen I am so sorry! Glad you got a diagnosis but sorry with the results. We will be praying for you to birth your stone! haha but seriously I hope you do soon.

Elise and Dan said...

All I can say is UGH! I'm so sorry! My mom had kidney stones a couple of years ago. She passed a few, but they ended up having to do surgery. She said that it was excruciating! She had all five of us kids naturally and said the stones were just as bad or worse. I hope you get really doped up for these, and no surgery is needed! Take care of yourself. I would totally thow you a shower if we lived closer! =)

Nicole said...

I like Megan's idea for the contest. Lets make it date, weight and time. Oh and if it is 1 to 10 on the pain scale. I predict next Monday at 3:30pm. The weight 0.3 pounds. Lets name the little bugger Pat for right now. sorry you have to go through this ya old fart!

Stephanie said...

It looks like giving birth to arrowheads. Eeeek! Sorry Lady! Ouch!

Mason clan 5 said...

You make me laugh. I am so sorry though. I am up for the contest that will be fun. I have a natural drink that will help but I wouldn't say it was to tasty but I have heard it works. Good luck let me now if you are want to try it.

Dandi said...

All I have to say is Ouch! Good luck. Can you get an epidural for it? j/k

Adam and Anya said...

That looks way more painful than a slippery baby... Sorry friend! I'll be praying for no surgery, OK? If you need a midwife, give me a call. By the way, I love that creepy stroller. It reminds me of Ghostbusters.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I thought you were joking with those pictures, so I googled it myself... Wow. I'm sorry. I watched my dad (not actually passing one, that would be gross and weird) but in the midst of suffering from one and it was horrible to even watch. You surely deserve a party.

The Williamses said...

I think we should make you some jewelry out of your stones.... especially if they come out all pretty and purple. Maybe you should drink some glitter real quick and see if you can make them sparkly too!

Sorry, I joke, I joke, because "OUCH" just doesn't seem to cut it. I can only hope (as I pause to take a big drink of my Pepsi) that I never have to have this issue. I think I would just curl up and die. Definitely praying for this to be as painless as possible for you.

Ammanda said...

The purple-ish ones would make a cool, funky bracelet. The bumpy ones would make cool earrings and a great pendant for a necklace... I'll bet Stephanie could whip out something cute for you.

(so sorry - hope it all goes well - and then if you're a good girl we'll throw you a party) :)

Lori said...

I always knew you wanted to be like me. But I didn't know you would go to such extreme measures. Painful huh? Then you get all doped up on morphine, percocet, and what ever else they give you. Then you wright crazy post about it, and even crazier ones follow. Good luck with that!

Seriously, dinner? I mean not from me of coarse but I could definetly hook you up with compasionate service. Is it still Melanie? I'll give her a call.

nelly said...

Stop crying. Wait tell you have 8, and a good session of lithotripsy. Morphine and Percocet are your friends.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive