Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Transformation

Have you ever done anything and awhile later look back and say, "What was I thinking?" I do that alot. Hair styles, dress styles, husband....(JK) :). So a couple years back I thought, hmm, I want to paint my bedroom green. I picked out what I wanted, but it went wrong once it hit the wall. With Jason, I have to choose my battles...if I would've said, 'let's change it' at that moment, I would get the 'look'. The 'look' lasts a long time, and I wasn't keen on dealing with it. Last weekend, my mother decided to help. She bought bedding, donated the paint, so I had NO excuse NOT to, neither did Jason. :)
We started at about 2 p.m. and ended around 11. Nothing says clean to me like fresh paint. So now, I am happy, though I need to lower the fixtures above the bed. That would've required me to ask Jason to do it and patch the holes; again by 11, the 'look' would've been fierce! Anyway, after looking, it's not quite what I want....so I'm on the hunt. I thought of doing lettering...if you have ideas, let me know.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice!! Do you paint in your spare time? J/K Like you have any Spare time!

The Jones Family said...

Looks beautiful! A special quote in Vinyl Lettering would be a nice touch.

Joey and Megan said...

I'm thinking that a pole would be a nice touch.

Cami said...

What a transformation!! Not digging the green so much...sorry. I think it looks beautiful! This is where I would have turned to Janice Beals or Adriana...they gave me lots of decor help.

Stephanie said...

It does have a fresh look. It looks like you brightened things up quite a bit. It looks beautiful, warm and cozy. Great job!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

love the bedding! Can you come and help me now!

Rachel and Gavin said...

Dang, nice job. I think it looks so great, new curtains and all.
(oh I know you already have a poll, where's it hiding?)

my mudda' calls me jack said...

are we supposed to be completely honest?
I think everything looks super great. My only suggestion is to add some of the darker colors into the arrangement above the bed. Maybe it's just the picture but it looks like it blends into the wall a little bit. Maybe some dark would make it POP!

Adam and Anya said...

Great job! I LOVE seeing how other people decorate!!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Looks great! I say do nothing more, lettering might make it look like "Oh, I have space on the wall, now I have to fill it..." and while I'm putting in my two cents - the eye needs a resting place, just like a painting, so you already have a nice balance going on now and the pillows give the right amount of "pop". LOVE the asymetrical feel of your pillow arrangement... you wanted to know...(I'm feeling so bossy)

Lori said...

I LIKE it! Now come do my bedroom!!!

Colemans said...

Man, you guys still sleep in a queen sized bed?

Marnie said...

The room looks great! Way to go!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

LOVE IT!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive