Sunday, February 15, 2009

D.D.D.


The three D's are the ones that Brynna looks forward to each year...the Daddy Daughter Dance at school. She was worried since Jason has school on Thursday nights, that he wouldn't be able to go. Luckily, he understands that there are few years left that she will WANT him to accompany her to a dance. He took a cut in his grade to be able to be with his daugher. She was excited to get dressed up with makeup and all. She treats this like a serious date, of which I'm proud, because being with her dad will teach her what to expect from her future dates. He opens her doors, lets her pick the music, bought her flowers, and treated her like a queen. There is a special tie that Jason has with Brynna that I could never duplicate if I tried. They are alike in so many ways. There's an unspoken language between them that they just 'get' one another. I'm just so lucky to have them both.

14 comments:

Adam and Anya said...

This is true joy on earth. Jason should get an A+!!

Jess said...

What a sweet man he is! I'm sure Brynna just adores him. What a special thing for them!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I noticed the green bush. Doesn't look like winter there!!!

Memories!!! Make sure she writes that one down in her journal!

Cami said...

How fun! A dance with your dad...I would have loved that. Brynna is lucky to have a good example! Cute picture to treasure!

Lori said...

You just reminded me of one of my favorite childhood memories! She will remember these far past the years she "might not want her Dad there".

Anonymous said...

What a great dad to take a cut in his grade. Your family is so special.

Lori said...

I used my memory for a special post today. Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Jason has such a tender spot for little girls, especially his little girl. I love that about him. He has such a reverence for womanhood. He has certainly been a blessing to our family.

Carca said...

That is too sweet! I am just now catching up on your blog..looks like you had a great Christmas! I think we are living a a parallel life! We went to Sedona and the temple lights too...but we didn't see you, nor did we see the alien! Tell Brynna she did a great job with her photos of your fam in the desert! Call me crazy but I liked the green! But I also like the change too!

Colemans said...

I just got a little teary-eyed. That is really sweet.

Marnie said...

What a fun date! That will be a special memory forever for Brynna I'm sure.

my mudda' calls me jack said...

Very touching. It gets me just a little bit excited about my girls growing up and having that. I love the song playing on your blog. Very sweet and appropriate.

GOOD FOR YOU JASON AND BRYNNA!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just found your blog... very cute. I was laughing at your profile. Um, geek alert over here! I am also a word nerd. And I also highly approve of your favorite dumb movies and favorie (not dumb!) music. :)

The Harris Family said...

That is so sweet! She is always going to remember this! Jason is an awesome dad! They sure made a cute couple :)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive