Saturday, October 25, 2008

Johnny Did It

Nothing quite says Halloween like a good murder mystery with friends, food, and 80's attire. The theme was 'A Killer Reunion.' I haven't seen so many mullets since I watched Road House on AMC a few nights ago. The men were smokin'! (Suzanne gave some tough competition with her mullet as well.) The ladies made the 80's look totally radical!
It's a great excuse each year to learn more about your friends and let loose from the stress of life by getting into another character and likewise dressing 'out of the norm' (except for Matt). Basically, an excuse to be immature, play pretend, and find out which friends would sell you out for 20 bucks.

(Exibit A: 'Linda and Jenny'. High school enemies.)

(Exhibit B: Bobby and Becky. Bobby did all he could to protect Johnny, but still failed in the end. He went home Best Performer. I don't think he'll care about Johnny locked in prison while he's enjoying Babbo's.)

(Exhibit C: Michael and Mary. Two words: hair extensions.)

(Exhibit D: Nate and Nancy. No one really knows who they were or why they even came. But the inner struggle for me all night was MOTAB or Dynasty?)

(Exhibit E: Mark and Maria. Can you see why she isn't my friend anymore? Where did she find this guy? A Van Halen video?)

(Exhibit F: Thomas and Tisha. Way too nice to end up the wealthiest player of the game. She took home shredded currency from the Federal Reserve. When they finally piece it all together in the next millenia, they should be looking at 500 grand.)

(Exhibit G: Peter and Paula. No comment. Just ask him the cause of his heart attack.)

(Exhibit H: Lenny and Linda. Losers turned rock stars. Why are they famous? Best Costumes.)

(Exhibit I: Steven and Susan. Their part was a bit of a stretch. I am worried if he didn't have this outlet, he really would be a raging lunatic.)

(Exhibit J: Johnny and Jenny. Who knew such a handsome man could be capable of countless murders? I had my name smeared so he wouldn't be caught. Kelli, the cheer outfit was for you!!)
********By the way....I don't have a picture of our detectives...if any of you have one, please forward it to me so I can post.

10 comments:

Dandi said...

All I have to say is....ScArY!!! I love it. I am glad ya'll had such a good time. Jen, you can really pull off that cheerleading costume...Really, you should pull it off! Just kidding. Cute!!!

my mudda' calls me jack said...

It's hard to wake up without pink hair... I'm having withdrawals, good thing Halloween is less than a week away. Jen, Thanks for All the effort to provide a fun time! Love it!

Nicole said...

AHHHH! We had so much fun! Thanks for all your hard work! The problem is that I can't get Matt out of those pants. He wore them under his church pants today. Eventually I will have to wash them. Just be lucky you weren't at the party we went to last night. There was a sock strategically placed in the pants!!

Cami said...

Okay, you guys are having too much fun! I was laughing so hard looking at those pictures! I think I was able to make out most of the true identities...love The Turley's attire! How fun!!!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I am lovin that hot cheerleader outfit!
That was a crack up. What a fun party and I am soooo hurt that I wasn't invited. Oh yeah, I would have jumped on the plane just for that! I'm always up for making myself look ridiculous.

Joey and Megan said...

It was the bomb. But you forgot to mention the hand bleached original jeans my husband was wearing. I may just start my own custom apparel shop.

Colemans said...

Was that your cheer uniform from high school? Aren't you glad it still fits? :) So, that's what life can be like when you have kids old enough to babysit themselves...

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

All I can say is "WOW". Rob and I were laughing and saying, "oh my lands" more than once. :)

Looked like fun!

T.

musikmama said...

Just want to wish you luck next week. I have noticed all of your signs around town. You've got my vote!! Joanna Smith

Shel said...

Thanks for the fun fun time Tanners! We had so much fun! Thanks for thinking of us! Now this pic of me is quite scary...even blown up you cannot tell I am pregnant...I just look like the 500 pound woman! WOWIE!! SAD TIMES! :) Let's just say I won't be sportin that outfit anytime again soon!! :) You can borrow my sweet jellies anytime!!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive