Friday, October 10, 2008

Arizona State Fair...and we're broke!

Nothing will burn a hole in the wallet like going to the fair. Yet, where else will you find funnel cakes and rickety old rides with some hot carnies? I rest my case. Ladies, FYI, I must have a sixth sense about sniffing out Coach and Dolce and Gabbana purses... I managed to find a lady in the dark shadows willing to strike deals, so if you want details, let me know.
Your looking at $25.

We enjoyed the Banana Derby Races. Bobo won, but Bert got a nice 2nd place prize by catching the flying grasshopper for a snack.

We stuck Jason next to the (beyond) annoying kid at the race.

Me and my little man.

We took the longest ferris wheel ride I think I have ever been on. The carnie was distracted talking to a few of his homies.

Mom on the eternal ride.


Caity windblown, buckled in, shaking in her shoes, and screaming the ENTIRE ride.

The boys on their bonding ride.


Which one is the kid?

Nothing cuter than best friends at this age.


He is such a dork! When I download pictures, I always tend to find random shots that Jason takes of me while I am unaware. At least in this one I am smiling.

Way better than the human sling shot. Why? Because I am not crazy enough to go on the human sling shot.

8 comments:

Adam and Anya said...

Oh my, that ferris wheel IS TOTALLY the longest ride in the universe!

We took Ella on it for her first ride ever. She was so traumatized and cried the whole time.

Seeing those photos is bringing back wild memories.

As for the annoying kid...that photo of Jason is PRICELESS.

Dandi said...

That's so fun you all got to go to the fair. We've not been there in several years. The last time we went we got one of those fried snickers bars (I really wanted to try one, but I don't remember if it was good or not.) Well, I am glad ya'll had a great time.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

That actually looks like a lot of fun. We always loved THE ZIPPER!!!!

Cami said...

Jen! I found your blog through a ink on the Alger's blog.

You are beautiful as always...somethings never change!

Your kids have grown and are still as cute as I remember!

So good to catch up with your family...

my mudda' calls me jack said...

The first ferris wheel was invented by Mr. Ferris as a response to the Eiffel Tower. The Tower was presented at a World Fair. In 1893 Chicago Hosted the Columbian World Fair (in honor of Columbus in 1492). Nobody took Mr. Ferris seriously. They thought it sounded insane to have a big wheel with people on it , supported by relatively tiny little spokes. Mr. Ferris got his own funding for the project and they finally allowed him to start building. It was the biggest money maker at the fair!

Stephanie said...

Killer looking onion rings! I am so jealous. I love onion rings! You can never have enough onion rings. Maybe we should go get some onion rings. Doesn't everybody like onion rings? Oh, and the fair looked fun too, but man I want those onion rings!

Stephanie said...

Love your hat too, but it's no onion ring!

Brooke said...

Loved this post...the food looks SO good even if it is expensive!! You make me laugh...I love reading your blog.

ps you look so cute!!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive