Friday, October 3, 2008

Dysart Demons!

We made it to our first Dysart High football game this season. It was their Homecoming game and they shut out the opposing Cortez Colts. 48-0. Dysart is now 4 and 2. We came ready to cheer and we made sure to be obnoxious. The kids had thunder sticks and we had our blow horn. I was impressed with the kids at the school. They had great school spirit. The band was made of all volunteers with an English teacher who took on teaching them. The cheer squad was almost bigger than the football team. The nachos were so tasty, and dang, only a dollar! It brought back so many wonderful memories. I spent a lot of the time just sitting back and observing. It didn't seem like so long ago it was me out cheering and not having a care in the world except what I would be doing after the game. A thought kept coming to my head...'enjoy it...don't grow up too fast.' And then it dawned on me...I am getting old. Old and obnoxious. Anyhow...if any of you get a chance, attend a high school game and support your local schools. It gave me a sense of pride seeing the kids and the unity they carry for their school. I came away with great hope for our community and future. Plus, there is nothing like cheap entertainment.













Go Demons!


7 comments:

Lori said...

When ever I am at my sisters High School games I try sucking all the youth from the teenagers. Being young is contagious right?

Joey and Megan said...

You know you were just hoping that they'd pull you out of the crowd and make you Homecoming Queen.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Are you sure you want to be part of a school district that has "Demons" as one of the mascots????

Your kids are do cute. Miss them tons. You and Jason look pretty cute yourself.:)

Tonya

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Brian and I were walking tonight trying to get this baby here and we both agreed that we miss you guys (seeing you @ least weakly at church etc..). We think you guys are so great! Love your website and your music :)

shananchuck said...

I am so jealous!! We love Highschool football! Ok so i stole three pics to show my bros! Hope ya don't mind. We are hopefully going to the Nov. 7th game. Maybe we will see ya all there! Oh and one of my bros is on the Spirit line too...he is also the mascot! Crazy, I have a cheerleader brother!! Glad you all went to support the team, they are doing awesome!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I have GOT TO SEE your cheerleading pics. I had no idea! That is so fun. I wish we had someone to go cheer for to watch the games here. Good times!
Hotter and hotter!

Adam and Anya said...

Nothing says autumn time like a good football game. The weather makes it even better!

I have to say, that looked like a fantastic time!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive