Saturday, May 3, 2008

Primary Talent Show

This is one of our favorite activities to go to. You just can't buy entertainment like this. The best part is the Primary asks the kids themselves what their talents are, and it is fun to see what they think they are good at.

Brynna, of course, loves to sing. She wanted to be with a group of friends to sing a song. They were supposed to be a bit more animated but got a bit of stage fright. They definitely had fun with their props at the practices. Brynna makes us happy hearing her sing around the house all the time.

Nathan, on the other hand, performed a new talent that I don't believe has ever been displayed at a talent show. His talent was "arm music" (AKA arm farts). He figured out different ways to do it and even did some music with his legs. Almost every morning the last week, he had figured out different methods. When I asked him who was teaching him this, he replied, "I think about different ways before I go to sleep." Now, if only we can direct that determination and philosophy for good. But, he is only 6 once. And we love him in all his corkiness.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! Now I am so sad I missed the talent show. What cute kids!!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OK I was SERIOUSLY busting up...not at the singing, that was really cute. How funny is that little man!!!
(oh yeah, I read your comment about Mettea and her cuz..actually there is a link, Bella is the one my sister placed so they really are cousins. Isn't that cute!) Love checking in on you.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I really miss having you come over once a month. Journee would never have the courage to sing in front of people way to go Brynna and Nathan he is a crack up

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Your blog is wonderful! I love your design, very simply "cool" and sophisticated, just like you! Glad you put the primary talent show in, your kids have personality plus!

Jess said...

I am so sad I missed that!! Nathan is so funny!! I miss being his primary teacher:) Chase wanted to watch Nathan's video over, and over. He kept saying, "Mommy...he's funny"

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

That will be a favorite to go back and watch over the years. :) Already missing them!

Tonya

Joey and Megan said...

You'll be so proud to know that somehow Noah has now taught himself the armpit farts.

Oh, and thanks for not mentioning the fact that my daughter burst the bubble on your daughter's original talent show plans. Gotta love how the older girls influence the younger ones.

Brooke said...

ohhhh....so funny!! The differences between boys and girls - there are many for SURE! And I have a whole house of them - yikes!

Shel said...

A little man after my own heart!! Love the talent...I think that is one of my only ones too! :) Brynna and Caity were fun to watch singing!! What voices!! And the cake looks fabulous....dont know WHAT you are talking about!!

Adam and Anya said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the talent show! It WAS a blast. The girls had such fun and Nathan was a star. Your blog is so fun...keep up the postings!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive