Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rah

One of the great joys of kids...you get to re-live your own glory days.  With Brynna's vision and partial blindness she is unable to do sports.  If she were to receive trauma to her other eye she would be totally blind.  Luckily for her, she's not into sports.  She was so excited to try out for cheer and worked extra hard at it.  She was even going as far as to use my pom poms from the early 90's for practice.  Anyone remember those?  They are heavy and ginormous.  But notice her little arms in the picture...getting all tone and buff.  (:
As I watched her cheer in her first game last night, I thought of my 8th grade year of cheer.  I also had the skinniest legs and arms, was smiling from ear to ear, was daydreaming about the boys I was cheering for, and loved every minute of it.  As I sat in the crowd, it's still so much of who I am.  I can't help but yell and scream for the team and players. (It's also given me a fantastic 'mom' voice) These years for Brynna will develop much of who she is and provide some of the best times and adventures of her life and I am thrilled to still be a cheerleader, HER cheerleader from the sidelines.


DES Squad



Performing at the quarter.


Best Friends.





Photobucket

10 comments:

Jess said...

How fun for her! I too cheered for my school...but I DID consider it a sport! It was hard work!

Stevenson's said...

Yea for brynna!!!! She looks fantastic. I wanna come watch

Adam and Anya said...

R-O-W-D-I-E, that's the way we spell Rowdy! Ok, I did varsity cheer freshman year. I dropped out because I didn't quite fit in. It's a sad tale.

That's why I got some crying feelings seeing those two best friends together!!! Yay for good friends and yay for buff arms.

Nicole said...

YaY!!! for Brynna and Cheer and Best Friends! I also have a great mom voice thanks to my cheering days! Matt always says, "Dude stop the cheerleader voice."

Lori said...

How stink'n fun!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Brynna!

Cami said...

How FUN!! It is a blessing when they find their niche. She is such a cute girl!

Ammanda said...

Gooooooooo Brynna! (I was never a cheerleader, can you tell?) ;) That's awesome that she and Catie get to do it together.

Anonymous said...

I like the last picture of brynna because she looks just like you :)

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Look at that smile. I have to agree...she is looking a lot like you. Blessed girl she is because her mom is beautiful!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive