Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Few of Our Favorite Things


Do you care what we got for Christmas?  Didn't think so.  But WE DO!


Brynna had the smallest Christmas list of all and somehow ended up with the most stuff. (Not all from us.)   She got new scriptures, Vans shoes, Perfume, clothes, socks, boots, jacket, watch, jewelry, ipod touch bling cover, and her most prized possession:  a cell phone...that came with very strict rules.  She wasn't able to get it until she had straight A's.  She didn't quite hit it with a B+ on her final report card. But she pulled that grade up from a 82 percent in 2 weeks and we are very proud of her for her extra hard work in doing so.  I must say that I enjoy her having it too.  Now I can actually reach her when I need to and don't worry about her being without a phone when she babysits.  My favorite gift she received was a mood ring from Nathan.  It wasn't so much he wanted her to like it, but so HE could always know what kind of mood she is in.  :) 


A word that sums up Nathan's Christmas:  Legos.  He spent most of the week assembling and building. One day he had spent too much time and practically had a mental breakdown as we caught him throwing pieces everywhere.  We had a discussion about taking breaks and letting the brain rest.
He also received Pokemon cards.  I hate the things.  I think they are a waste of money...so Santa brought them.  Nathan only asked Santa for them because he knew Mom would say 'No', so he was thrilled that Santa heard his pleas.  He was busted this year for 'trading' some of his expensive toys with a boy at school for Pokemon cards.  Now life is good again...thanks to someone who struck a deal for some very inexpensive cards.


The man is usually so hard to buy for.  He either wants nothing or something that costs over 500 dollars.  This year was a little easier.  Since he graduated, he has dedicated what used to be 'school time' to now working out.  He has lost a total so far of 45 pounds.  He is doing awesome.  So, I bought him some new Nike shoes and a heart monitor calorie burner thingy.  He also received Dicks sporting good gift cards and he is set.  The cologne I bought was a gift for me for when he is done working out.


I hinted for about 2 straight months of Coach Poppy perfume.  I also got a new bag, jewelry, jacket and yes I actually wanted a vacuum.  I heard Dyson's were great, but no one told me I would actually love it.  The thing is awesome.  I vacuum even when I don't need to...just for something to do to keep me entertained.   We do a lot of research now before we buy products and the only negative we could read about was that it was 'ruining someone's carpet because of too much suction power.'  That was all I needed, I was sold.


And then, there are my new Aasics.  I have tried Nike, Reebox, New Balance, and so far Aasics are the best running shoe.  I end up tearing up the tread on my shoes within a year.  These are my new babies.  AND... for this year I hired a trainer.  Hopefully good results to be posted within the next several months.


Christmas Eve after church.




Hope your Christmas was magical and filled with love.


Photobucket

1 comment:

David and Allie said...

First of all Go Jason! That is a huge accomplishment loosing all that weight!He looks great! Second of all... Can I just say we got a Dyson for our wedding and its the best thing ever. David loves vacuuming with it... so needless to say I LOVE it :) and third of all Aasics are THE BEST running shoe ever. I have been wearing them since high school and I have never switched back. We love and miss you guys tons! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Hopefully we will be visiting Arizona soon! David has been dying to see people from his mission and I said we can only go if we see the Tanners haha love ya!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive