Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Annual Photo Shoot


It started like this:  Halloween at the Beal's checking out Quenton's new documentary video he helped take part in for The Maine.  Along with other projects like music videos for Eyes Set to Kill (of which 'Broken Frames' was filmed at his house (very hard core, but still a very artistic video)), Authority Zero, Foxy Shazam, and Breathe Carolina.  He then began to show me some of his photography of random things.  Outstanding. He is a natural artist. I showed him a photographer whose work I love.  Quenton has similar style. I asked him if he has done pictures of people...'a few.'  He has an edge about his work that I really, really like.  I asked him if he would take some pictures of our family.  I told him I wanted to go somewhere totally different and be different.  He called and asked how I felt about a lumberyard.  I immediately called April Allen and gained access of Sage lumberyard...along with everything within it.  

His style is different than with any we have worked with before.  With Quenton, nothing is posed.  Every picture was just 'us' being who we were.  No faked smiles, no 'look here on 3', and no 'straighten your back', or 'put your chin down.'  Just very, very real.  
The man took over 1000 shots and worked with us until the sun went down.  So far has presented us with these:










Sorry my pic is so fuzzy....but give him a call or email him for more info.

Quenton:  623-363-3262
email:  quenton.beals@gmail.com




Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jonathan loves his style, too. Maybe he can do our pics sometime. . .yours look great.

Talialisa said...

Loved the pics! Very cool!

Ammanda said...

Go Quenton - it helps to have a photogenic family too. ;)

Cami said...

You are officially the best looking family. Every single one of you! Quenton does have some mad photo skills. Great pics.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive