Sunday, June 24, 2012

Home Transformation: Brynna's Room


We've been in our home for almost a year now and are slowly working on projects to make it more our own.  I know I've only posted pictures of the kitchen and dining room and we've done more, just nothing huge and significant...yet. I guess I consider a significant change one that you don't even recognize it as the same place.  Brynna's room was on my list to get done sooner than later.  One, because every girl needs to have her own sanctuary of loveliness and two, I'm freaking out that she only has three years left at home.  If I didn't do it soon, she wouldn't be around when it would finally happen.

Before:




AFTER:






The wall decor is a mixture from Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  She has an empty frame sitting on a shelf for the boy she'll find worthy to put in it.


This wallpaper almost became the death of me.  I had to re-order not just once but twice.  The first order, since it was a specialty order had to be done online.  Got it in, and my lovely mother helped me since she is a pro at it.  But out of the two rolls we got, we were shorted by half of the square footage on one of the rolls.  It took about a month and a half to get the company after many painful phone calls to get me another roll without charging me for it.  Yes, I am that stubborn.  When I know I'm in the right...I don't give up easily.  Finally got the second order in and we were short ONE strip to finish the job. Our measurements were off.   Since it was a big job, I knew I needed a larger print wallpaper so she wouldn't get overly dizzy being in her room, but by going with a bigger print so much more paper is wasted due to the all the cuts to get everything lined up.  Ugh.  So after the third order, 2 months of time and $180 later, we got it done.  I got the mirror from Home Goods store.  I'm looking to place candelabra lights on both sides.


 Stacy Mitchell taught me the trick of striping with a gloss/matte alternating style so to match the color exactly but giving a different feel.  This awesome solid wood shelf is from IKEA.


She needed a coat rack for her 35 backpacks and 13 purses.  -__-  "I got it at Ross."  


These were old mirrors I had that I spray painted gold.  The lamp was given to Brynna from my mom from Home Goods.


Luckily, I had already revamped the chair for her old room and only needed to change pillows.  And of course, she needed her IKEA chandelier to make it complete.
I'm still on the hunt for a good rug, but I'm so ready to be done with her room and on to the next..

Photobucket

4 comments:

Talialisa said...

Gorgeous!!!! Can you be my mom and come do my room????

I am sure Brynna loves it!

Dandi said...

Looks GREAT! I love the wall paper! Good job.

Stephanie said...

It is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! You really have a gift for decorating.

Ammanda said...

So glad you "..got it at Ross." And yes, I do love it. ;)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive