Monday, January 19, 2009

Seclusion

We barely survived the week. With so much going on, I was craving simplicity. Over the holiday, we knew we needed a break and sought seclusion. Jason and I are so busy that Brynna and Nathan rarely get one on one time without the phone ringing, emails needing replies, or schedules being packed full. We found our newest oasis where we could laugh, be silly, and ignore the distractions. Brynna got a new camera for Christmas that she has been anxiously waiting to use. She is tired of taking photos of random things around the house. She loved being able to work on her newest hobby. Today reminded me of Megan's lesson she gave in Relief Society on the importance of renewal. It is amazing of what a day like today can do for the body and soul. Now, we take our breath of air and face the world again until it slowly starts chipping away, then rinse and repeat.






9 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like a great oasis, where is it?
I love the reflective picture of Nathan. You have such a great family!

Good choice of music...love Ben Folds!

Shel said...

What a GREAT getaway! I am jealous! Don't you wish you could do that sooo much more! You will need to put those on your busy calendar for sure! The pics look GREAT...tell Brynna I'm scheduling her to be our Christmas photographer next year! :)

Unknown said...

Good for you, you deserve it more than anyone. I'm eagerly awaiting my renewal in a few weeks!!!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Amazing to say....we miss those mountains....Are they mountains? :)

T.

Brooke said...

What a great idea...just getting away into some wide open spaces always makes me feel better too :o). Your kids are so cute!!

Brooke said...

Here you go :o)

http://www.atreschicboutique.com/

The Harris Family said...

Jen - The kids are getting so big. You guys are such a cute family!! I miss you guys!

The Harris Family said...

So I finally did a blog! haha. My friend Shannon helped me! Lets get together soon. Let me know what works for you! xoxo

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I need me a getaway like dat. Awesome!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive