Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tribute to Friends



We have been saying 'good-bye' to the Shallenberger family for the past three months now, thinking it would get easier, but who are we fooling? So rarely, people will come into your life and each member touching it for good where you feel you were better just by knowing them. So it is with the Shallenbergers. We have treasured their friendship. We loved trading babysitting, not only for the fact of it being free :), but getting to love and enjoy your kids. Even now, thinking of saying good-bye to their sweet faces brings a tear to my eye. You are all wonderful and irreplaceable. Here are a few of the reasons you will be missed:


Rob--We will NOT miss your scare tactics, although I have forgotten how it is to jump from fright. We will miss deep discussions on various topics. We will miss your good heart. You are so good of thinking of others and making life enjoyable for them. You are strong and steady in the gospel, family, and your everyday life. Please know we acknowledge all you do in supporting this great country and support you 110 percent. We appreciate your service and the truths you stand for and defend.


Tonya--We will miss your innocence. When I think of someone unspotted from the world, you enter my mind. You have a humbleness and meekness that I am in awe of. With you, friendship is always easy and natural. You are who you are and accept others for who they are. And I can't fail to mention, I will miss the most fabulous setter in volleyball.


Robbie--We will miss your stories! Even if your stories are completely false, they still entertain us and make us laugh. Nathan will miss his wrestling buddy. You have been a great example to Nathan. Because of you, he had the confidence to get on a skateboard and try new things. For once, it was someone other than us cheering him on and helping him see his potential. One day when we see you on extreme sporting, Nathan can say you taught him everything you know.


Bella Sue--Oh, how I will miss my little shadow. I could always count on the weekend to have my playmate. I loved playing pretend with you. Since Brynna is older, we don't get to do that anymore and I had no idea how much I missed that until you came along. The dogs will miss their treats and are sad that now they will be losing weight. Although Jason will never admit it, I KNOW he will miss being called 'Grandpa.'


Lana Rose--I will miss your smiling face! Your smile can make a bad day turn around into pure joy. Remember who you crawled for first...Auntie Jen...well my car keys anyway. We will miss being able to see you grow.


Now enough of the sadness, Shallenberger's, enjoy the next season of your life.

With Love,

The Tanners

9 comments:

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I wander if I will dehydrate with all this crying.

That was very kind of you! We will miss the Tanners more than words can explain..

Adam and Anya said...

Well said. I loved hearing all the funny things you've gone through together!

shananchuck said...

Oh Wow that is so sweet!! For some reason I thought they had moved a few months after we had. I must have been mistaken!! They are very special people!!

Lori said...

How awesome that you've made such live long friends. I think they are the best kind.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

your words about the Shallenbergers are beautifull and the little I know of them, so true!

Anonymous said...

How sad! They are awesome people. I am sure you all will keep in contact!

Rachel and Gavin said...

That was beautiful Jen. And all so true too. They will very much be missed by the entire ward!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I second all that. Tonya you and your family are just awesome.

Shannon said...

Hey there! I'm best friends with Pam! She told me to tell you HI! She misses you a ton!! You can email and I can send you her and her #!

:o)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive