Sunday, June 1, 2008

Nathan Turn's 7

Some may call us crazy for taking the boys out bowling for a party. Jason thought it was a bit like herding cats. What we will do for our kids! All in all, we loved his party. Everything was provided: food, drinks, and complete entertainment for 2 hours. The bowling alley did the whole cosmic bowling and catered to our every need. The lights were off, except for the neons, fully equipped with fog machines, and good music. The boys loved dancing. Robbie got so into it, he was doing the worm.


The boys did better than I expected; some even getting strikes and spares (with the bumpers of course). Each had their own way...some would gently throw their ball, which took FOREVER to reach the pins, while some threw their ball like the shotput. But I have to hand it to them, they did great controlling all their energy, until the sugar from the drinks and cake set in. Thanks to all the parents whom now I have to figure out how to assemble presents. Nathan's favorite gift: a pair of handcuffs. These are also great for us (no, get your mind out of the gutter)
to confine him when he is naughty!


We love our little man, Nathan. My experience giving birth to him was so different than Brynna's. I was able to snuggle up with him from the very beginning, and he still will crawl into bed and cuddle me whenever he can. He is our practical joker, intensely determined, perfectionist, and spiritually emerging giant in a little body. I have a feeling we are only beginning to see the greatness he carries.


5 comments:

Lori said...

I can't believe Nathan is 7! I remember when we were called to nursery and he was in there. I remember him so well because he was the most handsome kid in nursery. Happy Birthday!

Steve and Jen said...

Looks like fun. You guys are brave. Now I am really in the dog house for not letting Walker have a friend party.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

TOTALLY FUN! I recognize all those cute boys. Good times, brave parents. Save me some PIZZA! I'm addicted.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!! Looks like a fun party!

Marnie said...

Wow! Happy Birthday, Nathan! I'm glad you got to have a fun party!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive