Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day







For anyone who knows both Jason and I, you may wonder how two such opposite people were brought together. For example, I have waves of emotion and he is calm. I am a night owl, he is a morning person. I love to dance and he tries :). I am sarcastic and love to joke, he is serious and is willing to be the target of my sarcasm. I break things, and he fixes them. I am very organized and time conscience, and he has had to learn my quirks the hard way. I love adventure and am always seeking for things to do, and he would rather be at home snuggling on a couch. I am always living for today, while he lives and prepares for tomorrow. But two things we have always been 100 percent in sync with are spiritual matters and our goals and dreams for our kids.



Jason, while our kids were babies, I could always count on you. You would wake in the middle of the night to help with bottles and diaper changes. You helped when I was spent from their cries whether from sickness or just plain fussiness. If the house was a mess because I was busy playing with them or was gone at doctor appointments, you would grab a mop and do it yourself. You made me feel I always had a partner and was never on my own. They may never know all you did while they were babies, but I will. Even though you were serving them, above all, you were serving me.



Now the kids are growing. It has been an adventure thus far going through it together. We laugh, we cry, we fear, we rejoice. And yet, you do the same things as you did while they were infants. You will still wake in the middle of the night to help them get settled back in bed after a nightmare. When you come home and I am spent from their arguments with one another or lack of listening to their mother, you help by having a 'talk' or expend their energy by being their playmate. You never make me feel bad when the house is a mess because I was serving in my calling or playing with my kids or sometimes friends. You simply ask what you can do to help. You are my partner, and I never feel alone. The kids are beginning to see all you do for them, just by what you do for me. Other than my parents, you are the only one I have ever felt that not only loves me, but loves my soul. I know you would do all in your power to see to my happiness and eternal progression. Brynna will grow up desiring to marry a man who will be so attentive to her, a partner, a true friend. Nathan already is learning. He is beginning to ask all the time what he can do to help, and always wants to make sure his mom is happy. He simply loves to serve. Words can never express how thankful I am for all you do for me and all you teach them.

So although, the only two things we agree on are spiritual and family; without those two, nothing else really matters. You were meant for me, and I you. Luckily, the kids were extras. I love you and hope you feel honored this day.

With Love,

Jen

11 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

It is easy to love and serve you guys. I had only one true desire growing up, that was to have my best friend and raise beautiful children with her. Thank you for loving me back and I will always love you more.;)

Lori said...

You guys are so cute! Me and Richard are opposites too. Except I am more like Jason, and Richard is more like Jen.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your husband. You are right that is all that matters.

Joey and Megan said...

Yup, Joey and I are opposites too. I guess opposites attract is true. And I knew Jason before I ever really knew you, and you are exactly nothing like I thought you would be just based on knowing him!!

Tanner Fam said...

Ummm...Megan is that a compliment or a slam?

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

OOOHHHH That is a pretty awesome tribute. You guys are just the coolest!

Carca said...

That was beautiful...sniff sniff (the sarcasm is for you Jen:) Actually, anytime I have ever been around Jason he is has always said something complimentary about Jen. I can tell he is in awe of her...as well as the kids....you guys are great!!!!!!!

shananchuck said...

That is so sweet!! Chuck and I are opposites too, yet we are still working out the spiritual aspect everything else just works so great. Where each is lacking the other is not...works out pretty great!!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

ok...Rob read your blog and then he told me to read it. I think he felt bad he didn't get the same attention. Way to make me look bad. :)

You two are great! We'll be ready to reunite in 20 years when Bella marries Nathan....or was he starting to have a relationship with Lana? Either one will work for us.

Rachel and Gavin said...

Holy cow girl, you should be a writter! You are awesome, that was a very sweet tribute to your husband. Oh and just to be on the same page...Gavin and I are EXACT opposites! Kinda crazy.

Marnie said...

What a great post! I think you should print that out and hang it on your wall somewhere. Very sweet.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive