Sunday, June 8, 2008

Notice Anything Different??

So, after roughly two years, Brynna got her braces off. Life has new meaning. Food tastes better, dental hygiene is faster, and the pain is over. Brynna had braces earlier than normal because she was a thumb sucker. (We thought this was great as a baby; not having to hunt for pacifiers in the middle of the night.) But, if we had known then what we know now, things would have been different. She had to have her palate expanded to make room for permanent teeth. Now with retainers, she will keep things in place until all the teeth are grown in. She may need braces again for a short time in the future, but will be a cake walk compared to what she has already gone through. I give her huge kuddos for doing so well with them. She rarely complained, handled some hard times like a champ, and thanked us for paying for her smile to be beautiful. She did a great job of taking care of them while she had her braces on. I was a bit worried to have them taken off to see permanent geometric shapes on her teeth, but to our surprise, I think she took better care than we gave her credit for. I think she finally believes me now after telling her, "Afterwards, it will all be worth it."

10 comments:

Jaime & Christian said...

Tell Brynna her smile is beautiful and we miss the Tanners here in California!

Unknown said...

We did notice in class today because Adanna got her braces off too but I should have made a bigger deal about it. I'll have to remember to mention it again next time I see her. (Activity Days this Tuesday.)

Lori said...

Beautiful smile Brynna!
We have 1 finger sucker and 2 thumb suckers. Everybody thinks it's great. I however am not a big fan. It's endearing when there babies. Not so much when their 5. Don't even get me thinking about those orthodontist bills.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Brynna...oh how I wish we could see you in person. How come you couldn't have got those off a week ago? You look like a rock star. How's the singing and dancing coming along?

Email me Jen so that I have your email address on our new email account.

Sure missing you guys!

Adam and Anya said...

I was a thumb sucker.. 4 years of braces baby! Brynna, you are so blessed to have had braces! You look fabulous.

Steve and Jen said...

She looks great. Congrats Brynna!!!! I know our kids are going to need a lot of work on their teeth, especially Walker. It is going to have to wait a while though.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Brynna's teeth are big and beautiful! I looked the same way till later in high school when my head got a little bigger. She is one pretty girl!!!

Brooke said...

Wow she looks so pretty!! That's nice that she won't have to have them on for years when she's a teenager!!

Joey and Megan said...

Awesome. It's crazy that it seems like yesterday to me when she got them on. Should we congratulate Brynna, or you for having that extra cash back in the budget? How about you take me to lunch to celebrate?

Marnie said...

Yeah! Congrats to Brynna. I bet it feels great to have 'em off. She has a beautiful smile.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive