Monday, July 15, 2013

Would You Like To Be My Neighbor?

It's nerve racking when the house next to you sells, especially if you really liked your previous neighbors.  She was my 'go-to' for a cheese grater among other kitchen supplies. He and Jason would play ball together with the boys. We spent Christmas/New Year's street parties together.  The worst part is I was just starting to warm them up to who 'Jen' really is.  Maybe that's why they moved.

A few weeks ago, another neighbor came to deliver something to our house and I noticed he had a huge gash on his head.  He implied he received it from a fall off a ladder from 'trying to spray pigeons off his roof with a water hose.'  I've razzed him ever since that H2O isn't the typical cure for pigeons.  Since his mishap I will place money that more pigeons roost on his roof than any other on the street.   Hmm...trip sensor synapse for prank idea in my head.  

Imagine roughly 30 or so of these puppies posted on mailboxes, light poles, parking lots, park equipment, and liquor stores within a 5 mile radius:

  

Why do I do it?  I have no idea, other than I lie awake in great amusement at night while scenarios run through my head of how this ends. 
This is only a sampling of what our neighbors over the years have had to endure...all for my cheap thrills.  THIS folks, is my hobby.

As I look out my window and see the new victims neighbors moving in, I can't help but feel sympathy for them and hope they have relatively thick skin, or at least a humorous bone in their body. 

Oh, and if you see my neighbor's pigeon...please don't hesitate to call.
  


Photobucket

2 comments:

Ammanda said...

So, I've been meaning to ask - did your neighbor friend ever get any calls about his pet pigeon? :)

Unknown said...

Thankfully you never pranked us! Lol!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive