Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Creative Differences. I'm Creative, You're Different.

Family photos and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love doing them on a regular basis because the kids have decided to continue growing and it goes so fast that photos are about the only way I can remember  that they were once sweet and innocent.  I hate doing pictures because I have an obsession of not doing the same thing twice when it comes to settings and themes and it's starting to get stressful trying to find something new.  Everyone does parks, desert, and downtown back alley photo shoots.  We've done them and right now I'm done with them.  I've been wanting something truly unique for awhile but out here in the wastelands, the options are few and far between.

It's no secret I have a slightly morbid fetish with odd and unusual things, so when I found this gem of a location I knew it was where I wanted our pictures taken.  Yes, it's true, while scouting the grounds I trespassed on private property, got busted, ended up talking to the owner, and after some heavy pleading got his blessing to be able to do this.  Hopefully you can appreciate it for all it's 'Jen-ness.'  Just remember, behind every scowl and straight face, we really do like each other. 

Here is a sampling of our faves: 



If we were musicians, these first photos would be our album cover. (Per Brynna)




I'm thinking in this next photo, it would've been complete with Jason holding a shotgun.


Before you get all crabby and de-friend me, just imagine your little 3 year old in this pose with some bloody scissors.  SO. CUTE.



Okay, so here are some less dramatic ones...the perfect little family shots.  Just remember, behind every smile and hug, we really can't stand each other.



















 
I have to give kudos to our photographer, Ryan C. McGinley.  His heart and talent lie with landscape photography, yet was up for the challenge of something new and edgy.  He did a great job of not outwardly judging me for my selection of location and dealt with all my pickiness.  
Amazing and pure talent no matter what he's shooting on the other side of the camera.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Talialisa said...

Love the pictures...even if you did trespass to get them done! :)

Dandi said...

Love trespassing! Love the pics. You really do have a beautiful family.

Stephanie said...

AWESOME!!! Love them!

Unknown said...

NICE!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive