Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Eating Like Zombies

There aren't many television shows that I feel the need to see every episode.  There have only been a few that I obsess over.  My latest one is The Walking Dead. 





 Literally, I think about it a lot.  I've even registered online by entering the 'code' to become an extra. It's on my bucket list and I don't even have a bucket list. I know of others who watch it and when we found out each other watch it, we are united  kindred spirits and instantly have a bond, you know...like belonging to a sorority or going to the same church.  We talk about our theories of why things happened and what is going to happen.  I've really found the inner geek.    
I love everything about the show...the cast, the story line, the make-up, the scenery, the deep dialect, the explosion of zombie pieces, the intensity as I sit on the edge of my couch wondering what I'd do if I were in the same situation, and let's not forget the squish and squash of body parts and the removal of arrows to the head. 

Friday, I was out to lunch with Suzanne when she asked me about it.  I think I was done talking an hour later.  She had a look of horror and intrigue on her face.  We had planned that night to get out the big projector and watch old 80's horror movies outside by the fire.  It changed when I found Season 1 of The Walking Dead at Redbox and asked if they were interested.  It turned into an all night affair and into Saturday.  And now we have turned more mortals to the obsession.  I guess you can say we are our own breed spreading the 'virus' to others.
Come Halloween night...annual Halloween dinner at the Kellis home.  Of course it HAD to be Walking Dead Themed and we tried to honor those who have fallen in the process:




Who can forget the heroic horse who valiantly gave it his best to escape downtown Atlanta?  We never will.



Even though Merle is alive, this memorial is dedicated to his hand and fingers...plump, meaty, and you don't quite know where they've been.



Since he was blown to smithereens, we're assuming pieces of him are everywhere.  
R.I.P. Dr. Jenner (The Whisperer)



Though emotionally unstable, Jim gave a great puking performance.



Though it's death was not caused by Walkers, the deer should be honored for it's beauty and all the PETA lovers who probably had a conniption.



Layers of decadent scrumptiousness for hours of enjoyment.  Otis got a raw deal and so did the Zombies.



This attack was one I was rooting for...the bruising AND the killing. Ed was a rotten egg.



Other than the mouth she's a cute lil' thing.  Not nearly yellow enough or hard enough molars but you get the idea.



Lots of it spewing every episode.



Puss pockets galore and it kinda makes you feel sorry for 'em and want to give them a tissue.

We did not get to honor all who've died for our viewing pleasure, so just to ensure our due diligence:


Amy, the birthday girl.  It's her party and she can cry if she wants to.



Jacqui, the last black woman on earth?


We licked the skulls dry.


Zombies/Walkers otherwise known as geeks. 
The girls' interpretation of geeks.


Walking Dead Gnome




My little evil gnome.
Most kids thought he was a yard statue for Halloween and so he did a fabulous job scaring kids of all sizes..he sure does make me proud.

Photobucket

*

..

Map

Blog Archive