Thursday, June 11, 2009

He's Accountable

I ask Nathan continually want he wants to be when he grows up. He says he wants to be the boss. Now he wants to be a police officer so he can boss people to be good. He likes things his way and thinks it's the only and best way. Since I am a LITTLE bossy, we either are a perfect match, or we argue a lot. He loves to make people laugh, so much so that it gets annoying. His sister receives most of the abuse, he teases her endlessly and pulls pranks on his parents. He can quote movie lines better than me. He also has a heart of gold. Brynna recently lost her purse. He was so concerned that he offered her all of his allowance and birthday money to 'make her feel happy again.' This was a huge step because he continually bragged about how much money he had, but was willing to sacrifice it all when he saw her in pain. At that moment, I knew he will be a stalwart young man one day. He was so excited to be baptized. He took it very seriously and there was a special reverence in the room that day. We are so thankful his grandparents and other family members and friends who were able to be there to celebrate his special day with him.









Now I'm in for a whole new element...cub scouts. I'm cringing. Only because it's something I have absolutely no understanding in. I was a deer in the headlights at the first pack meeting. It was the Twilight Zone. I guess I know what the next calling will be for me...den mother. All I know is my son is happy and excited to be with the big boys doing things as a group. He loves to belong and I'm thrilled he will learn to be prepared while learning to become a stalwart young man.

7 comments:

Lori said...

I started to tear with the purse story. But I'm just blaming it on the fact that is 6:00 in the morning. Seriously, that is so sweet. You think you have it bad? I come from all girls and have all boys. I'll be in scouts for like...ever.

catie said...

love the family pic from the baptism and i love that song that you have on there right now! :)

Stephanie said...

He is a darling boy! He was so cute in his white jump suit. The spirit was very strong that day. The twins loved being a part of his special day. You guys must be doing something right to have two such wonderful children!

Dandi said...

Wow! I will be right there with you in the Fall. What a sweet boy you have there! Looks like you've done something right! As for the New Moon video clip you asked for, it will be a special one dedicated to you! This will be something to get excited about! LOL!

Cami said...

He is a heart breaker Jen!! I love all of the pictures. You look gorgeous(as always). I can totally relate to the cub scout comment, I too am clueless. Sister Kellis is a sight for sore eyes. I love her!

The Williamses said...

Nathan is a sweet, funny, and smart young man. We have already had so much fun with him in Cub Scouts! Don't you worry about Cubs. You'll do just fine. In one of our training classes, the instructor said to just remember that Cub Scouts gives you an excuse to act like an 8-11 year old kid again, and for it to be a good thing!

If you're REALLY worried, I'll email you the contents of our "Cheer chest" so you can memorize and practice all of the cheers. :-)

Marnie said...

What a handsome boy! Happy Birthday, Nathan, and congratulations on being baptized! What a special time. We wish we could've been there with you on your special day. And have fun with scouts! Don't worry Jen-- I felt the exact same way when Joey started cub scouts. It's a lot of work!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive