Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nathan Turns 9

Can't believe how fast time flies. I always remember when the kids were babies, people would tell me how fast they grow...but when they are teething, sick, crying at night or asking the question 'why' 55 times a day it doesn't seem to go too fast. Yet, it does.

I had to be induced on May 31st because as of June our insurance was switching over to Arizona. I wasn't fond of giving birth in a new place with an unknown doctor. We moved to AZ a week after he was born. My delivery went very well. 3 pushes and I had my 8 pound 6 ouncer. Compared to Brynna he was HUGE. I remember sending him to the nursery to get some rest but called the nurse at 3 am wanting him back to hold in bed with me. I felt empty not having him in my belly.

This picture brings back memories. Being a diabetic, I was a high risk pregnancy. I was so vigilant with my blood sugar numbers being perfect the entire 9 mos. After the delivery I was told to eat that nasty plate of food you see there to raise my blood sugar a bit. No thanks. All I wanted was something cool and crisp to drink. My throat was SO dry. That's when I decided to outsmart the volunteer eighteen year old who came in asking if I needed anything. Before she could look at my chart, I told her how extremely thirsty I was and how all I wanted was a gigantic cup of apple juice. I sucked that thing dry in a matter of seconds. My Nazi nurse came back and checked my blood sugar and ran and told my doctor. I (and I'm positive the volunteer) was on the 'D' list from there on out. I think I actually had to stay in the hospital a little longer because of that. It was worth every drop.

Jason looks so young here to me. Poor guy...I deliver a baby and he had to leave to drive all night from CA to AZ to sign papers for our new house only to turn around right after and come back. He was living on fumes. That man is a saint.

Nathan has always been our entertainment with lots of sass and at the same time is our emotional one who can cry at the drop of a hat. These brown eyes get me every time:








He is now officially a Bear.
He loves scouts.

Rain Gutter Regatta

Pinewood Derby



This year, he got a new bedroom. He loves to build things and help his Dad, which he did a great job assembling his bed.

He has brought so much joy to this family and cannot wait to see what he does for the world.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. He is so cute!! As a nurse i thank you for keeping your blood sugar in check while pregnant! I can't believe you moved here a week after he was born!!

Cami said...

What a cute boy! Those brown eyes would get me too.

Stephanie said...

It seems like yesterday that you were bringing your baby Nathan over to visit teach me. He is definitely a cutie. We love him!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive