Monday, June 7, 2010

Montezuma's Castle

We have decided to travel more within state to see all that is available so close to home. We've seen the signs off the 17 for years for Montezuma's Castle and decided one of these days we should actually turn off and go...so we did. When I leave, I'm always so thankful I went because of all I learn while being in new places. I really love history. I want to know what went through people's minds, why they made the choices they did and am fascinated to know that I'm walking in the same footsteps and my eyes are taking in the same sights that others so many years ago experienced.

The kids had many questions and weren't quite as fascinated but appreciated it for being a 'house in a rock.' They were more concerned with snakes, scorpions, and lethal bugs.

Some may say I'm a rebel...I sometimes just do things because it makes Jason sweat.

Peep Holes

We got the special VIP treatment and got back castle passes to see what activity was taking place within the walls.





No comments:

*

..

Map

Blog Archive