Monday, October 12, 2009

Gnome Update

Breaking News:
Gnomes continue to spread grief and mayhem. Some incidents of today's occurances:

Got a speeding ticket from an extremely rude DPS officer. It wasn't by radar...he supposedly 'paced' me. I knew it was a cop next to me....I thought I was in a 45. He informed me I was in a 40 and going 51mph. I know I never got over 50...more like 46/47. I also was having a hard time finding my proof of insurance, so I called Jason to have him bring me a copy. I told the officer my husband was on his way to which the officer was concerned with how long he would have to wait. When Jason got there, he waved him off rudely and said, "I don't want to see it." The more time went on, the more irriatated I became. Not because I got pulled over, but because I knew I wasn't going that speed. I continued to disagree with him and he proceeded to inform me he gets his speedometer calibrated every year. Whatever. I haven't received a ticket since 1994. After he gave me the ticket I thanked him for removing a hardened criminal off the streets. I will be appearing in court. Who wants to protest with me with their 'Save Jen' signs??

Then I called today to find out my surgery time, since I hadn't heard back from the hospital. They said they never had me scheduled. A good remainder of the day was spent on the phone working out details. They finally got me scheduled at 4 p.m. and told me nothing to eat or drink, including water after 10 p.m. the night before. Again, I had to complain. That long, with me being diabetic...you might as well shoot me. Luckily, by 5 p.m. they had it all worked out. Whew. One thing that has been on my mind is the testimony in sacrament where it was said 'the man went in for a simple knee surgery and died later in the hospital'...if I don't get rid of the gnomes by then...it could seal my fate. Again...'Save Jen' signs.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Holy Moly! Get rid of those things fast!

Shel said...

You better get a guard for outside your operating room and recovery room...make sure no one with gnomes enters!! I was sooo happy when ours was demolished by one of the boys! I think life got much better that day!! I need to email you something I think you will appreciate! Hang in there girl! Can't believe you have had a stone! AAGGH! Sooo sorry!!!

The Williamses said...

Um..... how do I say this and not sound mean...... remember WHO bore that "testimony" and don't worry about it.

Send the gnomes to that DPS officer as a "peace" offering. :-)

Adam and Anya said...

What a terrible day! RUDE police officer! RUDE hospital! RUDE gnomes! :(

Cami said...

It's getting creepier...and there is nothing worse than an arrogant cop!! I hope things get better for you.

Lindsey said...

OH man, do I hate a rude cop. My experiences lately have been with cops too lazy to actually pull me over, so they pull up next to me and yell at me through their open window. It's happened THREE times!

I didn't know you were diabetic. Does that mean I shouldn't bring you brownies to cheer you up?

Dandi said...

Sucker! j/k Good luck on the "trials" you have ahead of you.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive