Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not Her Mother's Daughter


I have a hard time relating to Brynna sometimes because, well, she is so much better than I. In school, for me, after Spring Break came...so did the grades. I had horrible spring fever and it was a struggle for me to stay focused. Brynna, on the other hand, went to ending the year with straight A's. She had to work extra hard to pull a couple of the grades up.

Sometimes she would come home upset that someone teased her on how tiny she is. I would say, 'Well, you need to tell them......'(and say something I would have said like... when they are older they could only wish to fit in the clothes you wear). Instead, she would tell me how it isn't right or how it wouldn't be nice. And then I feel like the child.

She is truly amazing with a heart of gold and I am so proud that she won student of the year for her outstanding example of the six character traits: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
Congratulations Brynna!!

6 comments:

The Williamses said...

Wow, congratulations Brynna on the A's and on being so much nicer than your mom!! :-)
Just kidding Jen, you must be doing something right to have such a great daughter!

Anonymous said...

What was the other award again?

Brooke said...

Way to go Brynna!! That's so exciting to win that honor!

(and tell her I can relate to being teased for being tiny, but it will pay off in the end!)

Stephanie said...

Brynna you are the sweetest girl. So caring and thoughtful and always looking out for others. No surprise that others are recognizing you for it as well. Congratulations!

Torrie said...

That is such an accomplishment for her and is says A LOT about her awesome mother!!!

Marnie said...

Wahoo! Way to go Brynna! What an awesome accomplishment. We're so proud of you!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive