Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Training

We learned the best way to have a great game day at Surprise Stadium is 1.) get seats in section 122 and 2.) bring your kids. In 122 you do get full sun, but you also get the direct path the players walk. We've also learned that being an adult doesn't help the cause for autographs. Most adults get the shaft, but once a player sees a child, either the guilt steps in or they genuinely care. So yes, we used our children to get what we wanted. Actually, the kids were excited to meet 'celebrities.' We love going to Spring Training games every year. Today, we saw the Rangers vs. Dodgers. We specifically came wanting the Dodgers to get creamed. Why you ask even when we lived in L.A.? The Dodgers are an evil organization. Anaheim, baby. We are Angel fans through and through.



Omar Vizquel

Omar and Eddie

Greg Golson

Derrick Turnbow


The most flexible pitcher in baseball.

Nathan's foul ball.

My new camera came in handy for zooming.

Especially zooming Joe Torre.

Classic example of the players (Mike Maddox) waving off the fans.....

.....until he sees the kids. :)




Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Eddie, & Stephanie


The kids showing off their autographs...and Jason waiting to steal them.

10 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

We went to a game last year, and I think we sat in the same section. Walker took a ball to sign and did get a few players to stop. I keep thinking we need to go to another one this year. Looks like you guys had fun.

Cami said...

Awesome pictures! Look at the sunshine too! What a great family day! I bet Nathan was super excited to get that foul ball.

Shel said...

No wonder I like you! Go Angels! Sounds like SUCH a fun day!

Brooke said...

Love the pictures....this makes me want to go! Now I know where to sit, and how to manipulate the players :o). FUN!

Stephanie said...

Great shots. Looks like lots of fun.

Adam and Anya said...

Great memories. I think it's great the players stopped for the kids! That's so important for them.

You guys look so happy! Keep up the good family work!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

I remember those days. We had 80 degree weather last week but cold this weekend. I think I'm ready for spring and to go shopping for some cute sandals.

Lori said...

crap, i cant copy this post! J/K Looks like you had fun. When we went we didn't even watch the game. How lame?

Dandi said...

About 6 years ago, my hubby and I went to the Phoenix Open. He convinced me to pose as a kid, go stand with all the kids and try to get autographs, it worked. I am glad you guys had fun.

The Harris Family said...

Those are awesome pics!! Looks like so much fun!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive