Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Issues with People with Issues


WARNING: For those of you who have grandmas or (heaven forbid) mothers belonging to this cult called the Red Hat Club, you may want to stop reading now, or you WILL be offended.
First, I am all about having groups to socialize with, go to movies, dinner, and the zoos(?), but you don't see me buying a (ridiculous) hat to do so. I once heard these fine ladies complaining and disgusted about the youth of today with their saggy pants and gothic piercings...which left me asking myself, how are these ladies any different? It's all about drawing attention to themselves.
I was at a restaurant on a separate occasion, trying to enjoy a meal, when they broke out in song and poetry. It wasn't even half bad...it was horrible. Leaving me with the question, why must we suffer this? I couldn't even hear my own conversation. I started to talk louder, and that's when the glares came. Am I being fair saying all of them are crazy? No, but it's the haughty attitude they carry with their hats on....to them it's a badge to be obnoxious.
EVERY time I have come across them, they only worsen my opinon by doing something disrespectful. The zoo was no exception. Am I being disrespectful? Yes. Am I going to reap my reward for being judgemental? You bet. Yet, I am at my limit. BURN THE RED HATS (not the people, just the hats.)
Other than them, this is pretty much how our visit to the zoo was....
The animals not cooperating.

The animals being lazy.

The animals being obnoxious.


The animals being totally inappropiate.
All this for: $61.00 with coupons $30 for Red Baron pizza and a hot dog.

11 comments:

Lori said...

I am way to cheap to take my kids to the zoo! What, I'm just saying?!?! I can not afford the 80 plus dollars and that is just to get in. I can think of so many things I would rather do with that money. All while we enjoy a free trip to the park. Are my kids deprived or what? Actually there really not since I tricked my parents into taking them on New Years Day! Suckers!!!

Cami said...

Your pictures from the zoo are a crack up!! I loved that zoo so much!! We used to get a membership and go at least once a week...much cheaper that way. :)

Can I say, I totally agree with you on the red hat ladies! They think they are so great and deserve special treatment and attention...for wearing a red hat and belonging to a club, or as you put it cult. I remember seeing some at a restaurant and they were so snotty. I tried to strike up a conversation because we were all waiting for a table and they just glared at my kids and were really difficult to talk to. Oh how I could go on...

Joey and Megan said...

Since you keep running into them everywhere, they must secretly be trying to recruit you. You better watch your back. Or should I say your head.

Stevenson's said...

Amen sista! You make a great point. Let's start our own cult, or wait some people may think we are already in one?! :p Your hilarious too with your animal pictures/subtitles

Tiffani Mills said...

I have never seen these hat ladies- but they sound obnoxious. I hope I never run into them - I would be afraid of Cameron making a scene! Haha.
But I love the zoo! Your pictures are funny! But I have little ones so we can go often to make the season pass worth it!
But I agree their new prices are ridiculous!!!

Mason clan 5 said...

I have my red hat ready and waiting to be old enough to join this club. I want to be able to say and do whatever I want. Without anyone being able to do something about it. They are all in the Parades in vegas. I haven't seen them here yet!

Brooke said...

I love your posts Jen...you are hilarious. I agree 100%. The seniors in Az fall into 2 categories...Sweet and nostalgic of when they were young with kids or they are crabby and entitled to say and do what they want because they've "earned it".

Adam and Anya said...

Ok, this is NO JOKE. I just read my sister in law's blog tonight and she had the same photo of those monkey's doing that. GROSS!

And GROSS to the red hats.

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Well, I better go and burn my "red" hat! :) I was considering joining. Would you still be my friend?

The only reason why I like a trip to thee zoo is because it is a day outside and my kids enjoy it, but personally I think the animals at zoos are mental, and I would be too if I had to be caged up. The last zoo we went to a Rhino walked around the same pond for 30 minutes. Poor thing. There was something disturbing about that and the penguins were looking at us like we were aliens.

Miss ya, friend.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! funny post.

So I pulled up next to you at a stoplight today. I was inching closer and closer to your car, sticking my tongue out, trying to get you to notice me. You did not. So I just looked plain crazy.

my mudda' calls me jack said...

I had my little brother, Gavin, convinced that the ladies in the red hats (they were in the audience of a play we went to)... anyway, had him convinced that they were this really outspoken women's lib group of lesbians. One of the first things he said about that is, "But they're really old!"
"I know, it's so gross!" said me. I had him going until I just couldn't keep a straight face any longer. Old ladies, Good times!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive