Monday, March 30, 2009

Room To Grow

The only thing Brynna asked for her 12th Birthday, was a room make-over. The difficulty being that she is in the in-between stage of not being a little girl, but also not being a teenager. When we were talking about different styles, I knew I had to come up with something that would take her from the teen years...until she leaves the house. :) So, for the last few months, I have been slowly gathering things I find. I had the vision in my head and kept my radar on for things that caught my eye to fit into the image in my mind. For instance, I found the chair at one of those hotel furniture liquidators. It was as ugly as could be, but still in great shape, so I bought it extremely cheap and gave it a face lift. It's those little things that made a huge difference. I asked if she wanted to help me or be surprised. She opted for being surprised. I'm grateful she had that much trust in me. As I was covering the last piece of the old pink paint, memories came to my head of when I painted it on and the little girl she was. It seems like yesterday and I know these next few years will pass in a blink of an eye. No matter what age, I always will strive to do things that make her happy, she deserves it. The other night she was lying in bed with the light on and I asked her if she was going to be saving on the electricity anytime soon. She said she just wanted to lay and admire her room. It wasn't the words, it was how she said it. THOSE are the moments I live for, strive for, and do things like this for:





16 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

That looks so AWESOME!! I am definatly going to have to get some input from you if we ever get a chance to redo things in our house. I also need to find out some of the places you go to get your great finds. I know it is a process, but I never even know where to start.

Stephanie said...

It turned out gorgeous! Very refined and grown up. Brynna is a beautiful girl inside and out and she is luck to have such a great mom.

Mason clan 5 said...

Looks amazing! Great Job.

Lori said...

It looks fabulous, darling. Fabulous.

Now will you come help me do some curtains like that for my room? Are they called curtains? I don't know the names these days.

Brooke said...

WOW!! You amaze me Jen, her room is beyond fabulous!! Love all the details, it's amazing. She is such a sweet girl, I can't believe she is 12.

Cami said...

Way to go Jen! The room is breathtaking! I love the chandelier and the color choices. The bedding is beautiful. I think this will definitely carry her into those grown up years.

Torrie said...

When can you come to my house? I need some color in all our rooms. We have been in the house for 8 months and all I've painted is the kitchen.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

WOW!!!!! Great Job!! I am SO impressed!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I know, how about you teach an enrichment night on how to re-upholster chairs. Please! I'm serious!

Stevenson's said...

I'm going to start calling you Ms. Stewart. That room is amazing! Brynna is so lucky. I was lucky if my sister was kicked out of my room and my waterbed didn't pop on me when I was 12. Seriously though, nice job. That is some major talent. I know this b/c I could never do anything like that.

Rachel and Gavin said...

Dang girl, who are you and where did you come from? Are you really from one of those "home make-over" reality tv shows? I know you are! You did an amazing job, I just love all of it! She is so lucky to have a mom like you as you are lucky to have her!

Ammanda said...

Great job!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! GOOD JOB

Shel said...

WOWEEE...WOWEEEE...WOW!! Soooo...REALLY....when are you printing out your prices on a trifold to give out....I will hire you first!! I need you over here!! Then I will promote you and make you rich....let me know when you are coming for an estimate!! :) You did an amazing job! This is gorgeous! WOW! Nice work!!

Colemans said...

SOOO sophisticated. I love it!

The Harris Family said...

WOW! Her room turned out Beautiful! She is lucky to have such a great mama!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive