Friday, March 27, 2009

Can Old Men Still Rock??




YES, THEY CAN!!! I would say this is probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I grew up listening to these talented men and have always wanted to hear them live. The whole concert experience for me has always been more for hearing music in its purest form over seeing the artist. I was wondering if seeing their age would have an effect. It was different at first because I still envision them in their younger years. After the first couple of songs, it went away because they sounded exactly the same. Although I own full CD's of both, my preferred favorites have come from Elton John....'Tiny Dancer' and 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' being the top two. And although he did great, Billy Joel blew him out of the water. His stage presence was outstanding. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and he continually engaged the crowd. Although, not one of my favorite songs of his, 'Movin' Out', was great live. At the beginning and end of the concert the two shared the stage and played each other's songs in duet...THAT was worth it alone. They ended with 'Piano Man' which made a perfect end to a perfect night.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

If I was going to go to a concert, this certainly would be one that would catch my eye. I am a bit jealous, I love their music. Too much fun!

I thought you were going to post Brynna's room, I am anxiously awaiting!

Anonymous said...

I heard you guys had a good time! I also heard about your dinner!! I guess if I need a free meal I will call you guys to go with me! LOL

Cami said...

That show would have been amazing!! There is nothing like live music and does it get any better than two legends?

I love your hair Jen!! The blond is gorgeous! Love Amy Rae...tell her hello!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Where was the country singer??? Ha ha hee hee. (or should I say hee haw)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive