Friday, August 8, 2008

Lucky 7's


I was born 7 pounds, 7 ounces on the 7th of August. With all of those sevens, you would think odds would always be in my favor. Yet, I seem to get in the slowest lines in grocery stores, I am quite a clutz, I got the serious health issues in the family, red lights whenever I am in a hurry, I never get picked in drawings, and it seems I have to work harder for things that come easier to others.


But sometimes it just takes having a special occassion to make a person realize how lucky they really are. To go along with the sevens, somehow I manage to stretch my birthday for about seven days. We laugh because while mine lasts 7 days, Jason's lasts about an hour. He never complains, and I have gotten dinner dates twice this week with gifts he promised not to get. I was taken to lunch by my wonderful visiting teacher, my great friend Steph, and my amazing presidency. I recieved calls, notes, and visits by family and friends; some who are in poor health and should be taking care of themselves. (The cake was awesome, Tina.) I'd have to say the thunderstorm was icing on the cake. So thank you, thank you my friends who make me feel special and help me to realize just how sweet life can be. Although I dread getting older, I have never felt more lucky to be alive.



13 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

I am the lucky one.

Three sevens. Vegas????

Jason

Dandi said...

Happy Belated-Birthday! You are lucky in my book. You are one of the most stinkin' beautiful women I know. Hope you day was wonderful!

Stephanie said...

Your easy to love! (And really good at getting compliments.) I guess that is because you are so sophisticated. Love ya!

Adam and Anya said...

What a great post!

You're BLESSED because you're AMAZING!

I loved that thunderstorm too!

Rachel and Gavin said...

HAPPY late BIRTHDAY! Girl, you may be getting "older" but you look and act like a young "21" year old. You are young at heart and so fun to be around and you're absolutely gorgeous! We are so lucky to have your example in our ward! See ya Tuesday???

Joey and Megan said...

Can you have another birthday so we can go out to eat again? It was fun.

Lori said...

Wow 21??? I would have never guessed you were that old. Happy late Birthday! I am so sad I didn't get to harass you on your special day! You would have had to known your pay back was coming soon. The Tanner's and Calhoun's should get together and have a smartelic bee. I'm thinking you would come in a close second to Richard:) Love ya! Lori

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!! Seriously!! You are so dang CUTE!! I love your style...start a blog with your fashion choices each day so we can all copy you... I'm glad you had a fun week, you deserve it for sure!

Jennifer Shorr said...

You are blessed. You're so sweet, and you married the greatest guy ever!!! You scored the jackpot.

Happy Birthday!

Love ya,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jen. You are by far one of the nicest people I have ever met. You look young and your cute!

Shel said...

Happy Bday my witty friend!! You deserve to be spoiled! Hope it still lasts 7 more!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Hi Jen! Happy Birthday. You are one Hot mamacita and I hope you had an awesome birthday. Wish I could come party with ya! Some day.

Carca said...

Happy Birthday...I am glad to hear you got the "royal" treatment :)

*

..

Map

Blog Archive