Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I could kiss the person who made this day a world wide sensation.  Seriously, we could be best friends.  Frankly in my opinion, practical jokes should be played more frequently than once a year, but to get a day where it is celebrated and encouraged- hats off!! I've been a prankster since the cradle.  No joke.  My mom told me how I'd cry in the middle of the night and when she'd finally walk in exhausted, I would just smile at her.  I watched The Purge (clean version) recently and contemplated how the world would be if crime and mayhem were given one day to unleash- no consequences, no questions asked. Luckily murder and mayhem are not my style, but April Fool's Day is my equivalent to the Purge.  You can't get mad at me if I fool you because it's on the calendar, it's expected, and you can't  hold me accountable for what you were unprepared for.  



You've heard my pigeon prank which I pulled on my neighbor last year, if not you can read about it here.  He tends to be an easy target.  Case in point, he leaves his car doors unlocked at night.  A) We no longer live in 1985.  B) I (Jen) am your neighbor.  This year I bought a singing birthday card and dismantled the singing piece.  So with some thread, electrical tape, scissors, the singing card piece and some help from the Mr., we rigged the brakes so each time pressure is applied while braking that stupid hamster song plays.  Don't know which one I'm talking about?  This horrific one. If he pumps his brakes enough, that hamster will be a rap star.


Neighbor's cars are always great targets.  If you'd like me to stop, then make room in your garage.  This year I made a couple bumper stickers, nothing too hilarious, but enough if you know the owners.
It's getting tougher each year to get Jason.  He is on full alert, so I'm having to turn to more subtle ways.  I did a couple small things in the house, which were actually meant for the kids but unfortunately Jason got the brunt of it.  Not that I mind.

This year, for him I thought it would be best to work through his taste buds.  This man is addicted to Jelly Belly jelly beans.  He can't help himself, he can literally eat them by the pound(s).  Imagine my delight when I found these beauties:
What's the big deal, right?  Turn the box over for brilliance:
Put a goody bag together for a sweet treat after work:
I can't wait for him to get his first taste of canned dog food and baby wipes.  But what's got me ecstatic is in knowing him, he's going to throw a whole handful in his mouth at once. The mixture of flavor is going to be stupendous!  
Just remember, go big or go home go fool or get fooled!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine you laying awake in bed late at night laughing out loud as you scheme your next attack. Why is it that your victims have a psychotic need to say Thank You.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive