Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Christmas

Our Christmas picture and letter for 2011:




It’s hard to believe another year is almost over.  Is it me, or is time going by more quickly?  I look at my kids and think they can’t be that old because I’m certainly not aging.  Either way, time is slipping through my fingertips.  As usual, we are busy living life and appreciating each day.  We bought a new home and are finally settling in.  Please adjust your address books accordingly.  I decided moving is like childbirth.  You forget how miserable it can be, so you decide to do it again meanwhile saying when it’s over, ‘we will never do that again.’  Yet, the cycle continues. We love Arizona and now with having a pool can say we love it all year round.  Our goal is to be in this home forever, yet will go where the Lord desires us to be.  We have been abundantly blessed.  Here are some happenings for us this past year:
Jason--- Continues to be a hard worker and was promoted to Assistant Manager at the Federal Reserve Bank.  We are proud of him for winning a Legacy award for being the top pick in the district for his contributions in innovation.  He built partnerships in the community by sharing his idea of having shredded currency used as fireproof home insulation.  This idea is now being carried forward in San Francisco.  He loves to serve at church and in the community.  He keeps busy by keeping up with the ‘honey-do’ list for the home.  He enjoys exercise, reading, and being the best husband and dad.  He treats me like a queen and is devilishly handsome.
Jen--- I’m in my 3rd year serving on the Governing Board for our school district.  I volunteer weekly in Nathan’s classroom doing private tutoring.  I love serving in Relief Society and am so thankful for the great organization for women.  I am anxious to go back to school and will start next year.  Jason is thrilled that maybe one day I’ll earn a paycheck for my work rather than volunteering all my hours away.  I spend my free time decorating the new home, exercising, reading, being a taxi for the kids, I enjoy writing about random things on my blog, spending time with friends and family, and I still like naps. 
Brynna--- Freshman, teenager, world revolves around her, etc.  Actually, she is a great kid.  She loves high school, get’s straight A’s, and is extremely involved.  She cheers for all sports, is involved in student council, loves dance, and goes to Seminary to study scriptures every morning at 5:30 a.m.  She has a rotating schedule of 3 boys she crushes on.  She enjoys reading, being with friends, going to church dances, checking her hair every 10 minutes, playing piano, singing, and getting embarrassed by her dad.  She is the peacemaker of our home.  She is a great example to all around her. 
Nathan--- Currently in the 5th grade and is unstoppable.  Nathan is involved in Boy Scouts and is moving right along passing requirements and earning merit badges.  He continues to play basketball, annoy his sister, play the piano and is a big helper around the home.  He jumps on the trampoline daily and is mastering his back flips.  Nathan is our charmer and loves to make others laugh.  He was asked to emcee a talent show at school in the coming month.  He’s been working on his stand-up comedy act for the event.  It could be brilliant or a disaster, time will tell.  We are thankful for his light-heartedness and his ability to offer so much love.

Hoping all my readers had a very Merry Christmas.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Talialisa said...

Merry Christmas! As alwlays, love your posts.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive