Thursday, April 1, 2010

California Spring Break 2010

We love every opportunity to return to Cali. We had stalkers follow us...so we figured, what the heck...the more people to torment, the better. Our first stop, was to Disneyland. We got a cheapo hotel at Super 8..but it was walking distance and had adjoining rooms. We stayed at Dland for over 16 hours. Open to close. By the way...if you want to get cheaper park hopper tickets, buy through ebay. That was our route and we saved over 50 percent on our tickets.

Notice how empty the park was when we got there.

The man behind the camera for the better part of the day.

Pimp my ride.

Serious competition. I was turning green from the sidelines.


Multicultural: American, Asian, and Adopted.




'One day, my dream is to be at one with the dolls. I want to live like they do: dance, smile, and sing. I want to be a part of their world. A world where everyone is watching...as they float by on a river of happiness...coming to see me and be inspired by my appearance and charm. If only.....in my dreams. But if that dream were to come true..I hope they place me by the coconut girls.'
Deep Thoughts of Tyler Kellis
Diva wannabe

Adorable

We make you pizza, no????
(Horrible hair after getting soaked all day)


Jason...LOL


Better than a school photo.


Tower of Terror where no photography is permitted. Also, in case your wondering, neither is smoking. I still want to know who is going to light up on that ride.

Real men, complete with barf shields.


Keep an eye on Tyler.


Tyler trying to get a picture with the 'princesses.' These girls were seriously around 16 years old wearing the little girl princess dresses that came above the knees.




Kellis Family: Most photogenic.

Water Divas

An hour long wait.

An hour long wait at Disneyland.



I was TICKED. I got soaked on this ride. I looked like a drowned rat when I got off. I took one for the team.

Sesame Street sang it best: "One of these things is not like the other things...one of these things just doesn't belong...Can you guess which thing is not like the other things...before I finish this song?"

Best ride at California Adventure.


We started and ended the day with Space Mountain...the best ride yet at Disneyland.
The day was complete with ice cream and apple pie caramel apples.



Our next stop was the LaBrea Tarpits in Los Angeles. We went to 'da hood'.

Attention: Not a jungle gym.

It really was fascinating..I highly encourage it.

Sid.

Betty Crocker stirring the tar.






The best things in the whole wide world.

He liked the magnets WAY too much.

Our gnome went everywhere. Ask Quinn about his fascination with owls.


Our next stop: Huntington Beach.

Trackball. Tell me someone else knows what this is. Every time I talk about it people act like I'm speaking another language. I LOVE trackball.

She had more fun making me chase 'em.

2012 USA Olympic Trackball Favorites.
"We will crush you."

Contemplation.







Contemplation.


Great whites on land.

FOOD!!!




It was pretty chilly. I tried to stay as close to the fire as possible. Until, my shoe caught on fire.

Some of our best memories are beach trips. I love my man.

Later that night, we had a vicious nerf gun war in the hotel. An old couple got caught in the crossfire. It was ugly. Multiple injuries.



Our final stop was the Getty Museum. It has tripled in size since Jason and I last were there.
So Anya, you had the gnome picture wrong. It was NOT in the temple. I laughed so hard. It was in the French section of the museum. You have no idea how hard it was to avoid security. They pull you back if you even come within breathing distance of the art. That picture was our holy grail. Here is a pic of most of the crew overlooking LA in our panoramic shot. We headed through heavy traffic for our long ride home. It always feels so good sleeping in your own bed....but hard to get back to reality. I now officially have Spring Fever.


11 comments:

Brynna Tanner said...

That spring break was a lot of fun. I had a great time. Love ya lots!!!
-Brynna :)

Amanda said...

Fun, fun, fun! Thanks for sharing Tyler's deep thoughts. They brought me joy. Oh yeah, I was further reminded why I never go on water rides.

Ammanda said...

Love the "soundtrack" to go with the post...Did Tyler pass out? Thanks for the reminder about the hour long waits...it'll be YEARS before we take our 4 kids and torture ourselves like that. Glad you had fun!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the pictures. Miss ya!

Adam and Anya said...

LOL! I loved these photos! And I love all you crazy people!

Ok, so my favorites from this post are:
1. Deep Thoughts of Tyler Kellis lol, ok I'll be laughing at that for a while.
2. Pimp my Ride
3. Jen's face coming down splash mountain!

You guys are amazing!

The Williamses said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tower of Terror!!

Sigh..... and the beach........

Starting to be a little jealous :-)

Shel said...

OMGsh.....you guys are hilarious! What a FUN trip! I forgot that you were the one who commented on my blog AGES ago about us playing trackball with our kids! Love it! It is lying in our grass in the backyard as I type!! You guys went to some great places!! Your banter always makes me bust a rib! I sooo enjoy reading whatever you write...I rarely get to sit long enough to comment, but you are great Jen...you make me smile...ALWAYS! XOXOX

Elise and Dan said...

So fun!! Seriously, you guys looked like you had a blast!! I am homesick and jealous!

Stevenson's said...

i think you win for longest post! But looks like you had a lot of fun. Good times

Dandi said...

I loved the "Hour wait" photos. Very funny! Yah and seriously that was the longest post I think I've ever seen. Good on ya mate!

Cami said...

That looks like such a fun trip! You guys and the Kellis' seem to have a great time together. Makes me want to go to D-land...love the place!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive