Saturday, December 26, 2009

December in A Flash

I remember thinking once Thanksgiving was over that I had a whole month until Christmas. It came so fast this year. It was jammed pack with activities and things to get done. The only thing I failed at this year was Christmas cards. Because of how busy we'd been, I wasn't feeling too guilty about it, until I got a letter from an old relative from Nebraska. Her handwriting was hard to read, which she explained happened from a heart attack, yet she wanted to know how the family and I were doing and that she always enjoys our cards. Then the guilt set in... she had a heart attack..what's my excuse? Ugh...needless to say, I guess we will be doing a New Year's card.
We did our annual Glendale Glitters night. Our tradition is going to the Mad Hatter afterwards and all of us picking an ornament for our upstairs tree. Brynna got an antique shoe, Nathan got a ginormous blue disco ball, and Jason and I got a letter to Santa mailbox...long story...which I'll post soon.
So, I like pranks...who doesn't? While jogging one night, we pass the Lopez's home to find some nice lit deer. For being male and female, they weren't too cozy, so we maybe might have put them in a comprimising situation. The picture doesn't do it justice. Upon talking to Wes the next week, Jason came to find he moved them back while driving 3 foot stakes in the ground to keep the neighborhood kids from messing around. Kind of ruined our future plan, but the end result was the same...
....and then there were 3. Electricity can reproduce.

Next, the kids had a winter piano recital where Christmas carols were played while other's sang. It was great accompaning practice and the kids did a great job.
Nathan played 'Away in a Manger.'

Brynna played 'Carol of the Bells.'

We were also able to see Rob again. It was wonderful to catch up and be as if time never passed. We missed Tonya and the kids but were grateful to spend any time with a Shallenberger.


Every year, caramel apples are made. The specialty...Apple Pie Caramel Apples. Jason decided to inform me he needed to double the order for work that I made last year. We had apples galore. This year I got my biggest compliment: better than Disneyland apples. So, an executive decision was made after years of requests: next year I will take orders for anyone who'd like them for themselves, or gifts. Still trying to decide a price...I plan on doing it cheaper than Disneyland and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Here are finished pictures of them:


3 comments:

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

That should have been me in that picture. :)

Dandi said...

I want some of your apples. They look really good!

Torrie said...

THe caramel apple pie apples are to DIE for! I ate the whole thing myself and I am not sorry.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive