Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I've said it before, I married a gem. I know of some individuals who, for appearance sake, treat their spouses kindly, but are a different story behind closed doors. Then there are those like Jason. I would bet my life that he has a place reserved in the Celestial Kingdom. I've never known anyone with a more pure heart. I think his most difficult trial will be enduring me.

This weekend is our anniversary. 12 years into eternity. It's hard to wrap my mind around that, so I try to enjoy one day at a time. Holidays and special days are a big deal to me. I guess I just love anytime to celebrate.
After so many years, Jason figured that out. To me, it's not about going and spending...it's more about doing something 'not the norm' that puts a little effort in.
Jason planned to take me away for a weekend, but refused to tell me anything about it. And for me surprises are torture!!! Which is what I think he loved most about it, seeing me in agony. This is the best he has ever done of being tight-lipped. I had no power of influence over him, and not getting my way was irritating, yet I admired him for it. We went to Scottsdale for the night and covered my joys in life: sleeping, eating, and shopping. Of course, since it's us, we couldn't go without stories. We celebrated our anniversary dinner with another couple to the table next to us who stole our thunder..."Adam and Steve". It's also hard to feel very pretty in Scottsdale, where the men dress better than I do. (Still better than anniversary number 5 where in Vegas, we were at the same hotel as the Miss Tropicana pagaent.) Then for the complete flip side, we stopped at a Circle K in another part of Phoenix for some snacks...and got approached by a guy with a joint behind his ear asking us for cash...a couple of heroin addicts giving me the evil eye...and some nasty smelling belchers who had no problem with being obscene around a woman. I had to say when we left, I am so glad we live where we do. Not that Scottsdale is bad...but there is just a different type of lifestyle there that I wouldn't want to fall into. And not that the ghetto is all bad...but I value some finer things as well as my life.

All in all, I had a great time. What can be better than a man, while the world is crazy around him, only sees me?




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy cow! You dont even look old enough to be married for 12 years. Congratulations you guys are an awesome couple. How is everything going?

Adam and Anya said...

Very sweet.

I bet "Adam and Steve" were jealous.

Marnie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 12 years is quite significant! Glad you you were able to have a little get-away.

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Happy Aniversary you good lookin Woman! (and whats-his-face looks pretty good too) You guys are great!

Brooke said...

Congrats! This was such a sweet post. Jason is great...and you are also! You are such a fabulous mommy, wife, friend...I could go on and on!! I love the pics of you guys together, you look great!

Joey and Megan said...

I guess Jason and I have a lot in common, since my biggest trial is also enduring you.

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Adam and Steve...they are so lame! They've got NOTHIN ON YOU!!!
That was a great post.

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary... and many more!! I saw Jason on Sunday, and for the third time since we were at church I almost started to bawl. I miss are old ward so much. The new ward isn't bad or anything. I just really miss my old friends.
Richard is the opposite, in front of most people he loves to tease, and get a rise out of me. I think some people take it the wrong way. When we are at home he has a much softer side. One I'm greatful is just for me.

Rachel and Gavin said...

Congrats you old lady. haha j/k I just hit my five year mark, so I got some catching up to do. You both are so wonderful.

*

..

Map

Blog Archive