Wednesday, April 1, 2015

MY BRAIN DOES NOT WORK LIKE YOURS

It's April Fools Day, the only day other than Christmas where I bounce out of bed early in the morning due to excitement!
Unfortunately, after many years of pranks, and refusing to repeat past pranks- my creativity is working overtime, therefore my methods are getting more questionable and morbid (but still awesome nonetheless).
Morbid and questionable you ask?  Well, hmm, let's see.  For my neighbor's last birthday I wanted to decorate his porch.  From time to time we have birds that get stuck and die in our pool.  So I bagged and froze them.  And then when the time was right, like a fairy godmother, got them ready for the ball.

  
I don't think my neighbor was amused, but I don't think he appreciated the time and effort it took to make custom bird fitted party hats.  AND, the neighborhood cats eventually ate them anyway...so no clean up was required.

Which brings me to today. I have a full day planned, so I'll have to update my post when all the shenanigans have been administered, but I'll give you a few starters.
I knew I wanted to prank my seminary students, but we're talking 18 kids- and I didn't have the time nor did I want to go overboard on my classroom that I would have to clean up myself.
I Googled to see what teachers do to prank their students.  Pop quizzes, grades changed. Lame.  
Since they all speak the same language of food, I thought of sabotaging some treats, but then I would be wasting time baking in the kitchen for something they would throw away anyway.  So instead of doctoring a recipe, I thought I would just doctor (pun intended) how I administer it. 

Luckily, I know a guy.  I asked my doctor if I could get some urine cup sample containers.  He did so in exchange for dark chocolate.  


In the words of one of my students:  "That's messed up."  Watching them handle them with ultimate care as to not spill it, then with half the class; their noses over it, sniffing it to decide whether it was safe or in fact urine was like opening a Christmas present, it brought me great joy.  
Once they knew it was apple juice instead of urine- then the snapchat stories and fun began.  I was not prepared, however, for their creative juices on  how they were going to use this at school to prank their friends and teachers and I immediately started to cringe.  I take no responsibility for them once they leave my classroom.  Sorry, parents.

Then, there is always the classic bumper sticker of the political figure you love to hate.  I always make several of these in different fashion for my politically passionate friends.  



The moral of the story is...it's April Fools and it doesn't really matter if someone else thinks it's funny, as long as you do and I am my own best entertainment.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do miss you guys but kind of glad we arent your neighbor anymore. Haha!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive