Sunday, March 8, 2015

LEDroom

No, that's not a misspelling in my header.  I'm unveiling my new ledroom today.  For Christmas, Jason told me I could start my new bedroom project and order furniture as my gift.  That furniture was back ordered and eventually became my Valentine's present as well.  
This is a sampling of how the room looked when we moved in the house:

I failed to take a picture before I started tearing apart our own decor and furniture we've had since marriage.
It's wasn't awful, but a bit dark and woodsy for me and I was in need of a change.  I wanted a more modern eclectic look with a bright and airy feeling.  

 I didn't have a grand master plan in the beginning.  When I was out and about over the last year, if I saw something on sale that I really liked, I would grab it and work it into my plan.  There were some certainties I wanted:  hanging chandeliers, a solid colored tufted couch, and a giant mirror.  Those were the non negotiables.  In fact, they were such a necessity that our marriage could have been on the brink if something didn't pan out (not really, but he doesn't know that.)  Imagine the horror when Jason came to tell me one of the chandeliers would not be installed because there was no way to access through the attic. He confirmed with another neighbor on our street that the area was non assessable. Apparently, our builders walled off an area he needed to get to in order to hang one of the lights, and there were no reinforcement beams to attach it to.  

My response?"  "So?" "What are you going to do about it?"  
His response:  "You're going to have to change your plans."
Me:  "Um...That's not going to happen.  You have to find a way to make it work."
Him:  **Roll of the eyes and shake of the head and grumbling something inaudible.**

I was desperate and where there's a will, there's a way.  I called my neighbor who has done many Mickey Mouse fix it projects and told him he had a chance to make or break a marriage.  He came to the rescue and the guys brainstormed.  With clever use of drilling, tent poles, creation of a support system, and teamwork the job was able to get done.

He was so excited to see his finished product and to ensure it worked that he went out and bought bulbs for the chandeliers. Now, there's the sun, and then there are LED lights.  He went on and on about how they'll last forever, we'll save so much money...yada yada yada.  I really didn't want them, but with all I had just put that man through, he won this time and had no argument from me.  So, I wanted bright, and bright is what I got.  When my son uses terms such as, "Wow, this room looks celestial" then you know it's bright.  He did put a dimmer switch on it, so we can taper it down to where we don't get burned.

So, without further adieu (** please place on sunglasses):
Bed:  Coaster Furniture $330
Chandeliers:  Ikea $60
Mega Mirror: Irca (Refinished and painted) $160
Couch:  Thrift shop $90
Pillows:  Ross $10 each
Mirrors: $10 each clearance at Michael's
Peacock Canvas: Anna's Linens $30
Side Table:  Ross (refinished and painted) $120
New Ceiling Fan (all white/no light) $54
All under my $1,000 budget.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love love love!!!!!!!!!?

Stephanie said...

No ? about it. Oops

*

..

Map