Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Smith Spooktacular 2012


The always fun and entertaining Kelley Smith hosted another Spooktacular party.  Can I just say how much I love Halloween?  Always have.  I love that pretty much anytime of the day I can turn on AMC and a horror flick will be on.  I love to get dressed up, humiliate Jason, and be creative.  Although this year I was so stuck about what to do for a costume.  I wanted something big, something unique. The light bulb never quite went off and other than political news, no other hot pop culture was there to ride on, but after going back and forth between a couple of ideas I decided to try and do a Ventriloquist and dummy with me as the dummy.  Thanks to my mom for helping me out on a 2 day notice before the party.

  
I really didn't want a mask, but couldn't get my makeup the way I wanted.  This mask had eyes, but I cut them out so I could do the 'shifty' eyes.  I wish I could have known no one could hear me under the mask because my mockery of being in character fell on deaf ears.  

Usually, we get into the dancing and do games, but this year due to my bum knee (which will be a bum til surgery) I was down most the night and surviving on pain medication.  :(

So alas, following are pictures others took that evening:
















 (Serial Killer)

 "May the odds ever be in your favor."
 (Paradox)



Winner of Scary Costume (Jane Austin Books)

 My favorite:  Lucy and Desi black and white.
 (Pair of nunchucks)

 (An Item)




Much thanks to Kelley and all her hard work!!



Photobucket

No comments:

*

..

Map

Blog Archive