Sunday, October 17, 2010

Minor Cost...Big Impact...SOMOS LIBRES!!!!!





We look forward to Halloween every year....it is one of my favorites.  I think we might spend more money on Halloween than Christmas.  Mostly, it's hard finding great deals on Halloween garb, not to mention, we usually have at least 4 different Halloween events and our costumes are different for each event.  I wish I could say I come up with good ideas on the fly but unfortunately, they usually come in the way of a sarcastic remark.  Case in point: this year's Halloween costume.  

Jason and I planned to follow Kelley's theme of Thriller and be fresh from the grave.  I was at Michael's on Thursday night buying the moss (fresh ground cover) to cover our clothing.  I ran into Megan and asked what she was going  as.  She seemed stressed, not knowing yet and contemplating NOT going.  That wasn't an option.  So I told her to make it easy....go as one of the rescued miners.  We joked about a couple other things and went on our way.  So as I'm driving home, the wheels start turning and next thing I know I'm talking to Nicole and we start working out a plan.  How I wish we could've got 33 people, but 11 wasn't bad for last minute notice:


Rescued Chilean Miners:  Adam and Anya Barry, Ken and Amanda Blakely, Joey and Megan Fechter, Melissa Jordan, Matt and Nicole Pribyl, and Jason and I.
Seriously, the cheapest costume ever.  My monkey suit was a goodwill buy from my trucker outfit from an earlier post, Matt got the construction hats and sunglasses, Kellis' offered the headlamps, $2 mustache, and free dirt and grime from my car tires and homemade Chilean flags.
We came in chanting and hollering....epic.


Kinda ironic after my previous post:



I really DO like trophies...and Kelley did an amazing job with them.  And heck, we earned it.



Chilean men are HOT!!
I must say, I did pretty good as a dude.  I heard many people question my sex as I walked past.  Some of my good friends didn't recognize me.  And looking like Nicole for the night confused Jason. 




Where all the sarcasm starts :





The Stevenson's costumes were awesome and won 2 trophies.



Scary Ghouls



Jake and Elwood...Janice even had the harmonica going.


Brett Michaels....our MC.  He was fantastic.


As usual, Chris did a fab job on D.J.  We danced the night away.



When I first saw Napoleon Dynamite, I thought...this is old news.  But once the dance came and he did it perfectly, I busted up.  Nope, it doesn't get old.



THRILLER


I missed out on many photos...too much time dancing.  Also my flash wasn't cooperating so I had lots that didn't turn out...so as others add to their blogs, I will be stealing and adding to mine so stay tuned.  If you ever need good Halloween costume ides...come to the blogs after a Smith party for all the pictures.


Alice and Laurant from Twilight.  No comment.


The beauty of Smith parties is that you don't really have to 'be' anything.  Anyone can come and win.  No one knew what this was all about, and yet he still somehow went home with 2 trophies:
The "What??" Costume and The Penny Pincher Costume



Lindsey and her Mom.  Coolest 80's zombie ever.



The talented, wonderful, hostess of the night...Kelley.  Thanks so much. XOXO


Photobucket

5 comments:

my mudda' calls me jack said...

Looks like SOOO MUCH FUN!

... I guess I'm just a Candy Cann't this year...

i was excited about the headpiece and the feather boa!!!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Your'e THE BEST!!!! Please always come to our parties. They would not be as fun without you. XO

Cami said...

How fun!! I couldn't tell the guys from the gals in that group shot! Some of you looked a bit like Mario (the nintendo guy). What a great idea for an inexpensive costume. I love to see pictures of my AZ friends. I miss you guys!

If I know you, this won't be the only Halloween party you guys go to. Have a great time...you definitely know how to party!

The Williamses said...

You are so creative!! I'm jealous I didn't get to go and in awe of your Halloweeny-ness :-)

Talialisa said...

Wow! Inspired me to be less "bah humbug" about Halloween!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive