Friday, April 24, 2009

Next...Relaxation in Sedona

After our LONG night, we wanted peace and relaxation. We went to Oak Creek just outside of Sedona. We stayed at Oak Creek Terrace, which was exactly what we needed. The combination of a fireplace, jacuzzi, and the sound of running water from the creek below was my own personal sleeping pill. I can't remember the last time I slept so good. We sought out for hiking the next morning. We found a trail with switchbacks from the bridge down into the canyon. We were completely alone by the time we reached bottom. Jason had to drag me out...I could've stayed all day. My mind is always on overload, the quiet was so inviting. It is amazing to me how the simplicities of life bring such clarity and focus. I am thankful for a husband who knows what I need and the exact time I need it.














6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! You KNOW I am jealous!

Cami said...

Gorgeous pictures Jen! I am always in awe of the beauty of AZ. What a nice get away.

Stevenson's said...

Now that's better! What a nice time. Glad you were able to get away, you are one of the busiest ladies I know.

Ammanda said...

Sounds fabulous! (Not the hike so much - even walking to the mailbox right now is a little strenuous - but the fireplace, jacuzzi and stream sound great!) - and it looks beautiful - glad you had a good time.

Colemans said...

Who in the world hikes for fun?

The Harris Family said...

So Pretty! Sedona is so beautiful! Sounds like a nice relaxing get away for sure!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive