Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ladies and Gentleman....Boys and Girls...



October
Halloween
Food
Party
+ Costumes
Acting like Clowns (no pun intended)

Tanner Murder Mystery Night







Another year, another night in polyester.  It never gets old.  Our theme, "Murder Under the Big Top" was  centered on the circus.  I loved all the possibilities that it provided from food to decorations to characters.  We had circus food which included a full hot dog bar, nachos, chips, animal crackers/cookies, peanuts, popcorn and caramel corn, with hot fudge sundaes, cupcakes, cookies...etc.  Your typical nightly all American meal.  
My kids along with Caity and my mom helped with some of the decor. Special thanks to those who helped blow up multiple balloons lit by glow sticks.





I have to be honest and say I'm always a bit bummed after the fact because there is always so much I want to do and either run out of time, money, or both.  I would have loved to do booths, cotton candy, candied apples, pie eating contest, etc.  Luckily, no one else sees the expectations in my head or others might have been disappointed as well.  But really, the party is all about the people.  It's only as fun and entertaining as the people involved.  The character possibilities were endless and everyone did such a bang up job taking their assigned part and making it their own.  
I had someone ask me why I go to so much work every year.  I do it because I love to provide opportunities for others to enjoy a laugh or two while being with friends and forgetting their troubles for a night.  Hopefully, that was accomplished.

Our performers:



The Clown (Creepy enough to scare kids for life) and Peyton Protection (The poor guy got robbed multiple times).


The Two Headed Man and The Ventriloquist
(Both additions to their costumes were both genius and disturbing).


Ruby (Won Best Performer which I'm still not quite sure if he even read his part) and Finley Fiscal (The Bearded Lady).


Pat Pachyderm (Elephant performer and kuddos for an amazing costume of which part came from her previous baton days) and The Vendor (Has the most expensive popcorn in town).


I had to post this picture for memorabilia purposes.  Awkward moment of the night:  Janice states, 'I want to look sexy for this picture' while getting ready to pose with her son.


Cat Levens (Lion Tamer also won for Best Dressed) and Ricky Mammal (Animal Caretaker).


The Carny (No, it's not a skirt, it's a gaming table) and The Fortune Teller (She gave me a good read so I believe in her).


Casey Saber (Sword Swallower, and in my opinion the best introduction of herself at the party) and Rowan McGregor (Midway Manager).


Awkward Picture of the night:  Mandy Small (The Skinny Midget Woman) and Harley Bell (The Strong Man).


Agent Swift (FBI of whom I still owe $500) and Nick Dagger (Knife Thrower and a pretty good flirter).


The Animal Performer and Boomer Jackson (Ringmaster...best voice of the night).


Harold Hargrove (Boss Man) and Matilda Hargrove (Boss's Wife) and oh my gosh, my mid-section looks huge in this jumpsuit!
BTW...no, my character did not say I was a raging alcoholic.  I've just never played one and it allowed me to stretch my acting abilities. More things to add to the resume.


Ariel Swinger (Center Ring Acrobat and hussy) and Robert Flyer (Catcher...kuddos for actually using the trampoline).


Twisty Kristy (Acrobat, my personal banking system for the night, and she still came away wealthiest player) along with D.J. Ink (Tattoo Spectacle and more kuddos for shaving the head for the party).





And last but certainly not least Skylar Toppoler (Injured Acrobat and the 'Star of the Show').

The Crew Together:







Photobucket

4 comments:

Quinn Kellis said...

This was THE greatest show on earth. Thanks for making the night so much fun...and there was more than just water in that Martini glass!!!

Rachel and Gavin said...

Love it all! What a fun night, you did an amazing job. And I must say that I just about shed a tear laughing at the Barrys picture, and they seem so sweet and innocent!

Stephanie said...

I loved reliving it through the photos! It was a lot of fun!

Adam and Anya said...

This was SO. MUCH. FUN.!>!>! xoxo

I think the best part was Janice's "sexy" comment. Oh WOW!! That was hilarious!!

I love all the photos...wild, funny, great memories!!

ps - No more circus nightmares...you cured me!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive