Thursday, January 21, 2010

Truk Hers....Don't be Fooled by the Guts that We Got

Tuesday I received a call from a youth leader and was asked to be a 'Waldo' with Suzanne. The young men and young women's group were having an activity at the Arrowhead Mall called 'Where's Waldo?' Different people from the ward are asked to go in disguise to see if the youth can seek them out and find them. I was bummed we only had a day to prepare because if anyone knows me, I like to go all out. Many ideas came to mind: red hat club ladies, pregnant ladies, supermodels, scrubs ladies, gangsters, musicians, mannequins, and ladies of a bigger size. We couldn't find anything concrete, so we thought we'd go to Goodwill and hope to find something. Within about 5 minutes..we spotted the K-RO Trucking hats. BINGO. Next, we found 2 of the exact same mechanics outfits that fit slimmingly. DOUBLE BINGO.
That night, we only had 15 min to get ready. We had towels shoved in our monkey suits to show off our slimming manly figures. We rubbed dirt from my car tires on our faces, hands, and neck to look like mechanics. And to complete the 'look' we made a stop at the Shell Station for our Big Gulps. I have never received so many double takes in my life. It was embarrassing at first, but by the end of the night, we had embraced it. We then headed to the mall and propped ourselves at The Miracle Mile Bakery complete with our Sports pages and Gun advertisements. Regrettably, all the groups found us, but we still fooled several. Nadine Smith was talking to me and finally asked, 'who are you?' Brynna was a foot away from me..I smiled at her, she gave a wry smile back and it wasn't until I started talking that she said...'Mom??' And last but not least, I had to hit on Bishop in my best manly voice since he walked right past us.
It was a great night and we had a ball. It's been awhile since I've laughed that hard just by looking at someone. The one thing still troubling me is which youth thought we had dressed up as 'black' people? Still trying to figure that one out.






11 comments:

Cami said...

You guys are a HOOT!! I'm surprised that anybody knew who you were...it is so far from you beautiful and always put together ladies!

Talialisa said...

Hey Jen - I loved the outfits! This is Alisa - the blog is Me and My Four Children. Amanda does have a link on her page. Let me know if you can't access it - I may have made it by invite only. :) I can't remember!

Thanks again for the great posts!

Alisa Jones

Brooke said...

Jen you kill me!!! That is the best YM YW activity ever, how creative! You guys look great...in a manly dirty trucker sort of way :o)

nelly said...

You guys were awesome! Thanks for helping us out last minute. And I would ask Adam Barry about the whole black thing.

Shallenberger Times said...

Laughed quite hard! You two look so natural. :) I'm sure it was hard walking into the mall without makeup jewelry, etc. I'm proud of ya!

Ammanda said...

They didn't walk the mall - they sat....while Bishop walked right by them! - I saw that - so funny!
Sorry about the last minute - thanks again!

Dandi said...

U R HOT!!!

Marnie said...

LOVE the outfits! You look fabulous- what a fun activity. Ha ha!

Adam and Anya said...

Hahaha! Yes. Adam thought you were dressed as black men. I don't know how he got that. You're both too cute - I would have spotted you giggling girls a mile away! :)

You look like sisters in these photos! It's crazy!

Tanner Fam said...

Alisa..you need to invite me...it's private. Email address is: jenjatan@hotmail.com

Stevenson's said...

I'm having nightmares of these photos. You both clean up real nice!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive