Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas at Mesa Temple

Seeing the Christmas lights at the temple each year always brings a sweet feeling of peace. I remember as a child, how I loved driving around with my parents looking at homes that were decorated top to bottom and the excitement it brought. I love seeing the same eager expressions in my children now. My parents did a wonderful job of balancing the 'magic' of Christmas with the true meaning of Christmas. While we love seeing the beautiful lights and listening to the musical talents at the temple, our favorite is seeing the nativities from around the world. The representations of the nativity and birth of the Savior Jesus Christ from different countries is a sweet reminder of the light of Christ we all share and knowing His love extends to all. I took a few pictures that made an impression on me. May you all have a Merry Christmas.
















5 comments:

Dandi said...

I love going to see the Temple lights. It's beautiful and peaceful. Great pictures. I also like the snow falling on your blog page. Cool! Merry Christmas Jen and family!!!

Stephanie said...

I am sad we missed seeing you there last night. I love the nativities too. You all look cute in your wintery clothes.

Cami said...

The Mesa temple lights definitely rival Salt Lake, I think they are just as beautiful! My favorite is seeing palm trees with lights on them. Was that nativity display at the temple? I love nativities! I think they are all beautiful. How cool to see a collection from around the world. Your family is gorgeous!
Merry Christmas!

Cami said...

I love the snow falling on your blog! We have plenty here if you want some. :)

Adam and Anya said...

Now THAT'S a Christmas memory! LOVE IT!!

*

..

Map

Blog Archive